Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-24-2010, 09:47 AM

114 posts, read 431,487 times

Advertisements

I am looking for a good pediatrician in the general west cary area , who will be open for some hours during the weekend as well. Any suggestions ? We are currently with cornerstone pediatrics and not completely satisfied with them
Any input will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2010, 10:17 AM

718 posts, read 2,972,254 times
We are with Cornerstone and only have good things to say.

Old 04-25-2010, 10:47 AM

2,834 posts, read 12,030,382 times
Are you a member of trianglemommmies? they have a long list of pediatrician recommendations in the cary area. I know, for urgent care many many people recommend pediatric express, nothing but rave reviews in case you need an urgent care type situation.

When I lived in cary, I was closer to tryon road area and we went to Schmidt and Catching family practice. My girls saw Susie Catchings, and we were very very impressed with her. I *think* they had hours on the weekend. They are located in the shopping center across from Wake Med Cary, on the corner of kildaire and tryon.

Leigh

Old 04-25-2010, 12:10 PM

114 posts, read 431,487 times
Thank you ,Leigh. I am not a member of trianglemommies. But thanks for the tip and for the urgent care recommendation.
We originally had good things to say about cornerstone as well, but things went downhill in the last six months for us, especially when it came to weekend care requirements!

Old 04-25-2010, 04:33 PM

1,832 posts, read 5,088,540 times
We went to Avance care next to Pediatric Express on Davis Dr. one weekend when my daughter had an ear infection. We usually go to Cornerstone. We love Pediatric Express, which is a great urgent care, but Avance is open on weekends (sunday till 4pm) and evenings and you can even book an appt. online. We had a good experience there. Family Medical & Primary Care Doctors for Cary, Morrisville, & Durham | Avance Care

Old 04-25-2010, 06:19 PM

2,270 posts, read 9,145,316 times
We commuted over to University Pediatrics at Highgate in Durham when we lived in north Cary. Coincidentally, our next door neighbor did too. They have Saturday hours.

Old 04-25-2010, 06:24 PM

24 posts, read 64,140 times
I second the recommendation for University Pediatrics at Highgate. All the doctors we have seen there have been great. They can even make my very anxious child relax and laugh during his visits.

Old 04-25-2010, 08:11 PM

206 posts, read 746,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slynn41072 View Post
We are with Cornerstone and only have good things to say.
You are lucky! We too are looking to switch from this practice due to misdiagnosis which we all know can happen(I am a nurse-seen it many times.) But here it was a basic diagnosis, nothing complicated. I just always felt like we were rushed in there and the care a bit impersonal. Would love to find a smaller practice of caring doctors. Will be following your thread.

Old 04-26-2010, 05:44 AM

4,596 posts, read 11,445,190 times
Default Schmidt & Catchings Family Practice

My husband and I have been very happy with Schmidt & Catchings, located in the back of the shopping center where Whole Foods is, on Kildaire Farm Road, and near Western Wake Hospital.

Dr. Dipen Shah is our PCP, and he is nothing but thorough and most professional. In addition, he also has two very young children -- a little boy and a girl, so he'll understand many things you may want to discuss.

The practice is open on Saturdays, to established patients.

Old 04-26-2010, 12:13 PM

718 posts, read 2,972,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RDSLOTS View Post
My husband and I have been very happy with Schmidt & Catchings, located in the back of the shopping center where Whole Foods is, on Kildaire Farm Road, and near Western Wake Hospital.

Dr. Dipen Shah is our PCP, and he is nothing but thorough and most professional. In addition, he also has two very young children -- a little boy and a girl, so he'll understand many things you may want to discuss.

The practice is open on Saturdays, to established patients.

We were not happy with this practice at all. They did a MAJOR mistake that almost cost my husband his life. Test results took 2 weeks to come back as well which is then how we found out about the previous mistake. Never again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary