Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-25-2010, 11:49 AM

26 posts, read 58,870 times

Advertisements

Can anyone give some advice on the Heritage neighborhood. Is it a safe area and kid friendly? Also how are the Rolesville schools and Heritage elem. Thank you !!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2010, 12:05 PM

2,834 posts, read 12,000,078 times
I have a couple of friends in heritage, some in the part of the neighborhood that goes to heritage elementary and some in part of the neighborhood that goes to jones dairy. They both love the neighborhood (tons of kids) and the schools.

Note that you have to pay to join the pool, so it is not a given! It is a fantastic neighborhood in my opinion, and my friends tend to be very friendly with their neighbors, etc.

When we moved to wake forest we moved to the other side of town for a couple of reasons: commute time to rtp was much longer from there, and we wanted a larger lot than was offered in heritage.

I have many friends with kids at both heritage and jones dairy, and everyone seems quite happy...haven't heard any complaints.

I don't know which part of heritage is slated for rolesville! Sorry.

Leigh

Old 04-25-2010, 03:06 PM

12,475 posts, read 32,138,591 times
Heritage is one of those neighborhoods that has won many awards and everyone loves! I have sold so many homes in there, new and resale, that if I were to move to WF, I'd have to live there!!!

Bedford in North Raleigh is very similar to Heritage but as Leigh said, in Heritage, the pool is additional. In Bedford, the pool is included in your HOA dues.

They both have their own websites and you should be able to google search both n'hoods and find lots of info. I can't say anything negative about either n'hood as they are two of my favorites!

Vicki

Old 04-26-2010, 09:28 AM

4,532 posts, read 8,838,200 times
LOL! Yes, it's safe and kid friendly I think it's hilarious you asked about safety! I assume you've driven thru this pristine golf community? It's a lovely neighborhood. My child attends Heritage and loves it.

Old 04-26-2010, 09:57 AM

189 posts, read 373,072 times
We drove through it just this weekend, and I fell. in. love. There were several houses that I could have walked right into and started our life. Now I just have to see if it's too far out, as DH felt... he would need easy access to the airport and I would need decent access to grocery/docs/etc. We didn't have much of a chance to explore WAke Forest other than a few houses, so we don't know the lay of the land yet.

But Heritage was really very lovely. The homes were all beautiful and very well-kept.

Old 04-26-2010, 11:25 AM

4,532 posts, read 8,838,200 times
Not trying to push WF but you'll find no problem with typical grocery stores. There are any number of new shopping areas within 5 mins of it. There's Wakefield on New Falls Neuse, and the shops around 98, etc.
For docs, if you don't want to use WF or Wakefield medical complex, you can go to Falls Neuse Rd to the N. Wake Med complex. The airport is 20-30 mins depending on traffic flow and your location. The way that our area is spread out, and some rds are more utilized that others, you can't just go by the map to determine if a location has good commutes or bad. You really do have to drive a few test routes or take the word of posters here
I know it's a tough one...I wish you luck!

Old 04-26-2010, 01:25 PM

3,932 posts, read 5,062,546 times
Thumbs up Two thumbs up

Heritage is a VERY nice community which is EXTREMELY kid friendly and safe. It features two relatively new grocery stores within its perimeter and plenty of other amenities. In fact, my general practitioner is located there.

I don’t live in Heritage although I’m very close by so I feel qualified to give an honest assessment. The collection of houses there are generally upscale as there’s a very nice golf course located in the heart of the community. Also, you’ll find a nice mix of locals and transplants so there’s little fear of not feeling welcome by neighbors.

Heritage isn’t everybody’s cup of tea and it can be a little pricey so you may want to check it out for yourself but I do know that many Northerners tend to like it.

Old 04-26-2010, 02:52 PM

12,475 posts, read 32,138,591 times
Like I said, I have sold quite a few homes in there and some have actually been North Carolinians so I wouldn't suggest that it is mainly Northerners, by any means.

You do pay a bit more for Heritage than some of the other neighborhoods close by, like Thorn Rose, but you also get the walking trails, pond, pool, etc.

Vicki
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary