Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-28-2010, 06:55 PM

1 posts, read 4,292 times

Advertisements

I am 7 weeks pregnant and trying to decide on an ob. I have always gone to Triangle for gyn. My concern about them is that the primarily use midwives. So I am considering Cary OB gyn. I can't really find any reviews on them, and I'm nervous about trying a new place. Does anyone have opinions/experiences with either practice that they would share?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2010, 07:42 PM

2,135 posts, read 7,656,638 times
I highly recommend UNC Family Practice (http://www.med.unc.edu/fammed/for-patients/maternal-childcare - broken link). It's well worth the drive from Cary.

Here is a good link on how to choose a provider: Triangle Birth Network :: Choosing a Care Provider (http://www.trianglebirthnetwork.com/provider.html - broken link)

Old 04-28-2010, 07:51 PM

39 posts, read 253,467 times
we had our 2nd baby a week ago. We had same concern about triangle ob/gyn
that only mid wives comes to see. But after the delivery we had to give best
rating compared to our 1st baby experience we had back in California.

Dr. V came for delivery. He is an amazing doctor. They had to use vaccum
assisted delivery device (same case with my 1st kid). Dr V. handled it
very well. I highly recommend him. We had never seen him during our
regular visits but heard good things about him. Now we can say he is
probably one of the best.

Best of luck to you.

Old 04-28-2010, 08:25 PM

2,834 posts, read 12,033,730 times
I also had both of my babies with triangle obgyn (at that time they only had 2 midwives). Dr. V delivered my first and he was fantastic, I had a 36 hour labor and I was a little stressed! Another doctor delivered my second (which was a very short labor) but she is no longer at the practice.

Anyhow, although I saw stephanie (a midwife) during my regular visits, I filled out on my form that I did not want a midwife to deliver the baby, and that was just my personal preference. I did like Jill, the midwife, but she left the practice while I was pregnant, and I didn't not feel comfortable with Stephanie delivering my first baby.

I chose triangle because the doctors deal with high risk pregnancies all of the time and I figured they would know what to do if something were to come up! I was pleasantly surprised when Dr. V stopped by just to say hello after I had my second baby.

I have also heard great things about cary obgyn

Leigh

Old 04-29-2010, 10:26 AM

498 posts, read 854,186 times
Interesting.....I chose Triangle BECAUSE they have midwives. I have had two midwife assisted births and they went smooth as silk with no interventions.

Old 04-29-2010, 05:46 PM

9 posts, read 18,423 times
I'm a Childbirth Educator and I often recommend Triangle for the midwives. Unc Family Practice, The midwives at UNC and the Women's Birth & Wellness Center. The doc's at Triangle are great too.

Good luck!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary