Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2007, 08:36 PM

170 posts, read 877,967 times

Advertisements

There is a new subdivision in Durham on Snow Hill Road called Snow Hill Preserve. Does anyone know what the surrounding area is like? Thanks for any input.

Fallgirl
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2007, 07:02 AM

2,825 posts, read 6,922,857 times
I don't know this sub specifically, but my boss lives up on Snow Hill Road and it is beautiful where he is. Lots of trees and open space. Also, the North campus of Durham Tech is up there.

Old 06-15-2007, 08:01 PM

5 posts, read 16,408 times
It's a new community in Northern Durham, near the Treyburn community. It has a country type of feel without a lot of traffic on the immediate roads.

Take a leasurely drive and see firsthand.

Old 06-16-2007, 07:28 PM

I visited this community yesterday as I needed to get out of my house for a showing appointment and had nowhere else to be. It was very nice with nice looking houses. It is right across from Treyburn and it does feel like it's right on the border of being close to things (Hwy 501 going south) and being out in the country (out Snow Hill Road). I toured one of the spec houses (the Holt II plan) and thought it was a very nice floor plan with a walk-up attic and lots of nice upgrades. I wasn't crazy about the lot it was on though. They are just getting their Energy Star approval, so the houses that are currently up don't have it, but the new houses that they start building now will have it.

I was told that a new Merck facility will be going in over there which is supposed to house all of their vaccine research. They are also anticipating a new grocery store/ shopping center in the near future that will be a little more upscale than the Food Lion. Also, a new middle school is being built down the street that they hope to be zoned for once it is completed. They are currently zoned for Northern HS, which I think is just okay. If they were zoned for Riverside, I think it would be much better, and I might even consider them. I won't for Northern though.

Old 06-27-2007, 06:57 PM

Question We did check it out

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeLoveRDU View Post
It's a new community in Northern Durham, near the Treyburn community. It has a country type of feel without a lot of traffic on the immediate roads.

Take a leasurely drive and see firsthand.
We did go there and liked the community. In searching for local stores made a few turns and wound up in an area near a Walmart that was very undesirable. How is that area in general as far as crime related issues????

Thanks,
Fallgirl

Old 06-28-2007, 07:31 AM

I don't know about crime, but the area around that WalMart isn't the prettiest. I heard they are going to be closing that WalMart and building one a few exits up 85. I don't really know that it's an unsafe area, maybe just a little economically depressed. The Treyburn area is way upscale, especially compared to where the WalMart is! I wouldn't be too worried about safety though.

Old 06-29-2007, 09:46 AM

76 posts, read 194,896 times
This community is right down the road from me and it is very nice. I love the craftsman style of the houses and just the layout of the community. That walmart you are talking about you definitely don't have to worry about. The area around there is a little economically disadvantaged but thats about it. As far as crime goes around Snow Hill Preserve well there probably is none to say the least. Good luck on your search.

Old 06-29-2007, 10:21 AM

124 posts, read 504,232 times
Default Anyone have pictures

or link to Snow Hills Preserve developments website? Thanks in advance.

Old 06-29-2007, 10:31 AM

Snow Hill Preserve (broken link)

Old 06-29-2007, 11:19 AM

Smile Thanks to all who answered

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADVentive View Post
I don't know about crime, but the area around that WalMart isn't the prettiest. I heard they are going to be closing that WalMart and building one a few exits up 85. I don't really know that it's an unsafe area, maybe just a little economically depressed. The Treyburn area is way upscale, especially compared to where the WalMart is! I wouldn't be too worried about safety though.

When you are coming from out of state and taking all kinds of back roads to find a place and you run across an area like that surrounding that particular Wallmart it is a real turnoff. I love the community and the fact that they have left trees. Thanks again for the info.

Fallgirl
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary