Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-30-2010, 07:53 PM

1,361 posts, read 2,271,468 times

Advertisements

Now that it's getting close to our move I realize I'd better get on some wait lists for next fall since y'all already had your registration. My husband really likes the Cary area but even if we end up in Apex or Holly Springs, our gym is in Cary so I can always drop my son off and work out. I would really prefer a church setting (I know there was a recent thread like this but I didn't see any churches on it--at tleat the last time I looked) since I'd like the religious input as well as academic.

I've looked online but I'd like some advice from you helpful people. What are some good church preschools? My plan is to put him on several waiting lists hoping we will get into one by fall as he will be in pre-K. I'd asked earlier about how hard it is to get in and got some hopeful info but now I'd like actual recommendations so I can get moving.

~THANKS as always, I appreciate y'alls help!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2010, 07:29 AM

476 posts, read 1,296,173 times
If you do a google search for preschools in Cary you'll get a good list and a map so that might be good place to start. Two really good ones are Resurrection Lutheran and St. Francis Methodist on Kildaire Farm. There are a good number of others - pretty much every church has a preschool (just look for the playground in the back!).

You should have a good chance of getting in somewhere. I got my twin daughters into a preschool mid-year after we moved here. They just happened to have two places available in a class. Many of the preschools had space. After the end of this school year in May, tuition is going to be due for the fall, and that pretty much weeds out the people who are registered but don't intend to continue, and spaces open up.

Old 05-01-2010, 07:33 AM

2,270 posts, read 9,145,316 times
Christ the King Lutheran, Methodist Children's Center, First Baptist, Greenwood Baptist, Peace Presbyterian.

Old 05-01-2010, 10:43 AM

154 posts, read 389,403 times
I have had kids at Christ The King since Fall 2005 and we couldn't be happier with the school.

flamtap

Old 05-01-2010, 11:20 AM

30 posts, read 107,754 times
Kirk of Kildaire was great!

Old 05-01-2010, 01:41 PM

426 posts, read 1,489,817 times
We love Peace Presbyterian in Cary.

Old 05-23-2010, 07:32 AM

2,135 posts, read 7,654,067 times
My daughters went to Christ the King in Cary. If you don't get at spot there is open enrollment at Imagine That in Apex.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary