U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-04-2010, 11:11 AM

58 posts, read 145,876 times

Advertisements

It seems the farmers market in this area are only during the week at very odd hours. Most people do work, so I am wondering if there are any farmers markets on the weekends or after work hours?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2010, 11:18 AM

746 posts, read 2,165,497 times
head down to the State farmers market - off of Lake Wheeler Road! It's ginormous, lots of produce, plants, bread (sometimes), cheeses, honey ... LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE it. Open 8-6 seven days a week. Can't beat it with a stick. Maybe with a really big stick - about the size of the Sears Tower.

Old 05-04-2010, 11:21 AM

1,515 posts, read 6,770,283 times
I'm with NcerfromNY...LOVE the farmer's market!!! We bought a bunch of plants for half the cost if we got them from Home Depot, Lowe's, etc. Really great deals. Bring cash!

Old 05-04-2010, 11:22 AM

515 posts, read 1,662,130 times
Holly Springs has one each weekend in downtown

Old 05-04-2010, 11:27 AM

814 posts, read 1,930,144 times
North Hills has one every Saturday morning. It usually includes meat, fish and baked goods too.

Old 05-04-2010, 11:27 AM

233 posts, read 832,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by poole276 View Post
It seems the farmers market in this area are only during the week at very odd hours. Most people do work, so I am wondering if there are any farmers markets on the weekends or after work hours?
I'm not sure exactly what area you are in, but the Farmers Market in Raleigh off of Lake Wheeler Rd. is open every day Mon - Sun.

NCDA&CS - Marketing Division - Raleigh Farmers Market
Clayton has a downtown farmers market on Saturdays from 9-3

http://www.clayton-farmers-market.org
Wake Forest has a farmers market on Saturdays 8-12 downtown

Wake Forest Farmers Market
You can also use the following website to look for others either by name or county.

NC Farm Fresh

Old 05-04-2010, 11:29 AM

233 posts, read 832,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ferrickhead28 View Post
I'm with NcerfromNY...LOVE the farmer's market!!! We bought a bunch of plants for half the cost if we got them from Home Depot, Lowe's, etc. Really great deals. Bring cash!
some of the plant/tree vendors take local checks too

Old 05-04-2010, 11:30 AM

1,105 posts, read 2,629,269 times
Carrboro's farmers market takes place every Saturday. Chapel Hill, on South Estes at University Mall, has one every Saturday as well.

Old 05-04-2010, 11:50 AM

305 posts, read 740,938 times
Where did you get that wrong information?

There are more farmer's markets than I can name on the weekends. There are also some weekday markets, but those are supplemental by and large.

The North Carolina State Farmer's Market in Raleigh is open seven days a week. The Durham Farmer's Market and Carrboro Farmers Market are open Saturday mornings and Wednesday afternoons.

There are also Saturday markets South Estes Farmer's Market in Chapel Hill (Sat mornings and Tues afternoons), and two or three in Hillsborough—Eno River Farmers Market (Sat am), Hillsborough Farmers Market (Sat am) and maybe a third. Saxapahaw (http://www.rivermillvillage.com/farmers.html - broken link) has a fabulous farmers market/music festival every Saturday afternoon in the summer.

There are weekday afternoon markets at at Southern Village in Chapel Hill (Thurs afternoons), Fearrington Village (Tues afternoons) and one in Pittsboro on Thursday afternoons.

I'm sure there are a few more in the eastern portion of the triangle like the Holly Springs one a PP mentioned. Plenty of weekend options, but you'll need to get up early to get the best pickings!

Old 05-04-2010, 12:47 PM

746 posts, read 2,165,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ferrickhead28 View Post
most of them take personal checks (I've had to use them often when I've lost my debit card) - all they generally want is a phone number, particularly if they "know" you.

And there's an atm in the parking lot - without a fee! (the lines can be long for it, though, and it's about as slow as molasses in January)

To the Original poster: Where oh where did you hear that all the farmers markets are only open during the week ??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary