Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-05-2010, 06:53 AM

4 posts, read 9,829 times

Advertisements

My husband & I are looking for a family friendly community in Apex...any thoughts on Seagrove's Farm? We like Apex b/c you get a little more land than in Cary. Does anyone know of any other new construction subdivisions in Wake County that would have close to .25 acre lots?

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2010, 09:43 AM

397 posts, read 805,053 times
Seagroves is a really nice sub. I looked in there quite a bit and walked thorugh lots of the houses.

It's an excellent location right off US 1. The lots aren't that big, but if you want to live in Cary or Apex at that price point, it's hard to find huge lots. But some are bigger than others, and you can probably pay a lot premium to get one of the larger ones.

Standard Pacific builds a nice home and they're all pretty well laid out and seem to be high quality on the inside.

I think that will be a decent location for the future and they seem to be doing good business in Seagroves. Lots of construction going on.

SP dropped the prices by almost 30k a while back and they start @ 290k now.

Old 05-26-2010, 07:14 PM

229 posts, read 703,626 times
I'm currently in the process of building a home at Seagroves Farm, and should be closing in the next few weeks. We looked at a number of communities and decided we wanted to stick with Standard Pacific due to their reputation and due to the quality of their homes. We looked at a few other SP communities like Brightleaf and Laurel Park, but they are both building downgraded homes as compared to Seagroves Farm (slab vs crawl, vinyl vs hardieplank siding, standard vs gourmet kitchens, etc. ), even though the builder and floor plans are the same. The lots are smaller than we had originally wanted (ours is .17), but the yard is still plenty usable for us and we were able to get a lot that backs up to a wooded area without a lot premium. In general lots are selling FAST over there, at least half a dozen per month I'd say. At this rate I wouldn't be surprised to see the prices head up a little bit shortly.

Everyone I've dealt with has been fantastic, and they've kept me in the loop all throughout the process. I would highly recommend them as a builder. Feel free to message me if you have any questions about my experience or the homes/options. Just don't buy a Kingston model, since that's what I have and there's like a million more of them in construction right now. Haha.

Old 05-26-2010, 10:07 PM

47 posts, read 193,473 times
We saw Seagrove on our trip to the area, and it was really beautiful. The problem for us was that all of the home sites that will back up to wooded lots (as opposed to backing up to another house without any trees) were already sold out. The lots across the street from the model home will back up to a few trees (as well as the main road if i remember correctly) but the sales lady said those lots would be built upon last, and not for a few years. So if youre looking for something that has trees in the backyard, there's nothing left. Too bad, because the area is beautiful.

Old 05-26-2010, 10:58 PM

229 posts, read 703,626 times
I wouldn't rule out a lot that backs up to trees. They are continually opening up new lots and I even think some of the current inventory homes may back up to the woods. We ended up with a lot that backs up to a 1/2 acre patch of trees with lots surrounding it. Just enough to give you good privacy from your neighbors, and some distance between your yards. If you stop by the models, they back up to the same patch of trees. Until about three weeks ago the house two doors down was still on the market, and backed up to the same wooded patch. Who knows, it may come back on the market again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary