Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-06-2010, 10:46 AM

5,733 posts, read 17,568,671 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by puppylove12 View Post
Actually... can anybody throw out some names of the nice developments that would offer a fairly quick (20 min or less) commute to downtown Raleigh? I know this is really subjective, but it would still really help me. Close to shopping and moderately sized lots (don't need an acre just some room to breathe!) are our biggest concerns, as well as price (no more than $450K).
I always suggest the area that I live in when people say they want a quick commute to downtown Raleigh and a large lot. . . . If you go south of Raleigh there is an area called "Swift Creek" which is unincorporated and not part of any city. This area is a protected watershed and development is limited. Most of the subdivisions are smaller (number of houses) but have larger lots (+1/2 acre). You won't find a convenience store on every corner, but it's still a quick trip to any shopping and dining. There are no (to my knowledge) new subdivisions in that area in your price range (most are higher priced) so you'd have to go with an existing house to stay under $450K. An example of an existing subdivision that I like is Enchanted Oaks, which is just south of Penny Rd on Lake Wheeler Road. Another one, a bit lower in price, is White Hart, which is on Ten-Ten Rd at Graham Newton. Enchanted Oaks is an easy shot into downtown. White Hart may take a hair longer than 20 minutes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2010, 12:28 PM

15,714 posts, read 21,039,892 times
I have a very informative website that lists many of the subdivisions by town, unfortunately I cannot post it because it's a real estate website.

You may be able to find a similar site by using google search though. That's how I found this one.

Old 05-06-2010, 12:45 PM

419 posts, read 1,394,987 times
If you held a gun to my head I would probably tell you Brier Creek.

Honestly though, I think coming down blind for a week is a total waste of time. You may stumble across a nice looking neighborhood in your price range but it might fail you on many other levels. You need to either hire a good realtor or move here and rent for a few months until you get a feel for the area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary