Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-02-2009, 11:56 AM

12,475 posts, read 32,230,653 times

Advertisements

In answer to the OP's question...lower the price.

However, I can't imagine the above posters response, "avoid FHA buyers".

I work with plenty of buyers that are using FHA loans and I have NEVER had issues with FHA loans. Even today, with lenders requiring TONS of paperwork from my buyers, FHA paperwork is no more or no less.

Many buyers today ARE getting FHA loans so I would not recommend that you refuse to take offers from them!!!

Vicki
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2009, 12:27 PM

3,050 posts, read 4,991,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VickiR View Post
In answer to the OP's question...lower the price.

However, I can't imagine the above posters response, "avoid FHA buyers".

Vicki
I guess I just pulled that of thin air then Vicki? Sheesh, you realtors really stick together.

A quick Google search on the topic will result in tons of information on why an FHA buyer is not preferable - here's a link I found in about 5 seconds.
Real Estate Blog - Why home sellers will not accept buyers with FHA loans?-

Of course if the only offer you have is FHA, then you don't have much choice. I should know, I just sold my house to an FHA buyer. We were in contract for four months, twice had the closing date postponed and we needed 3 termite inspections (despite having no termites).

I would have taken less money to go with a more qualified buyer...

Old 09-02-2009, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LONGISLAND2NC View Post
I guess I just pulled that of thin air then Vicki? Sheesh, you realtors really stick together.

A quick Google search on the topic will result in tons of information on why an FHA buyer is not preferable - here's a link I found in about 5 seconds.

Of course if the only offer you have is FHA, then you don't have much choice. I should know, I just sold my house to an FHA buyer. We were in contract for four months, twice had the closing date postponed and we needed 3 termite inspections (despite having no termites).

Seems like Mike and I hit that one at the same time. Gee. Kinda scary to think that there is anyone else out there that thinks like me!

In this day and age of the buyers market, most sellers will take ANY buyer and be happy that they have an offer that wasn't so low ball that it actually turned into a contract!

However, the key is that the buyer's agent has done their homework and that the buyer IS qualified to buy the house.

I can honestly say that I have not had any difficulties with FHA loans, even in this crazy lending market.

I'm not sure WHY your buyer would have needed that many termite reports. And I can honestly say that in the last year, I have only had ONE delayed closing and it was not due to an FHA loan. It was due to my buyers having to have parents co sign their loan and the parents kept refusing to send the necessary paperwork.

Sorry to hear it was such a hassle for you. There has to be more to this story!!! I'm not sure city data gives you that much space to tell it all!!!

Vicki

Last edited by VickiR; 09-02-2009 at 12:58 PM.. Reason: I read the blog...I can't say it is 100% accurate but isn't a blog just an opinion???

Old 09-02-2009, 01:00 PM

43,265 posts, read 77,043,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LONGISLAND2NC View Post

Nice Blog link. I'm an ActiveRain guy myself.
The quoted language in the FHA addendum is duplicative of the NCAR/NC BAR Standard Offer to Purchase and Contract appraisal contingency, which protects a buyer from having to buy a home that does not appraise for the purchase price.
It is that simple.
Doesn't appraise? Buyer can walk and have EMD returned. Seems fair all around to me.

What should a buyer do, buy a home that won't appraise, even if they cannot get the loan? And just forfeit the EMD because the home didn't appraise?

FHA loans close, particularly when the buyer is properly qualified. They are a huge segment of funding in the current market.
That blog does not well serve our OP here on CD.

Old 09-02-2009, 01:25 PM

22 posts, read 75,800 times
Do you all agree that I should lower the price of the house to my lowest number instead of offering closing costs? What do I do if I get an offer and they ask for closing costs, yet I am already maxed out? Do you think there will be many showings this holiday (Labor Day) weekend?

Old 09-02-2009, 01:29 PM

43,265 posts, read 77,043,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by butterflylove0302 View Post
Do you all agree that I should lower the price of the house to my lowest number instead of offering closing costs? What do I do if I get an offer and they ask for closing costs, yet I am already maxed out? Do you think there will be many showings this holiday (Labor Day) weekend?
Regardless of what you decide offer on the market, the Buyer will structure their own offer how they wish to present it to you, regardless of what your listing says.
So? Do not sell for less than you want to, regardless of price, closing costs, etc.

Lower price will get you more showings than closing costs.
And showings is the goal that will get you to offer.

Labor Day weekend? I'll be out, but lots of people will not.
You only need "One," right?

Old 09-02-2009, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by butterflylove0302 View Post
If your house is priced correctly, it will sell.

If you have to lower your price to get the house sold, your original price wasn't right for the market and for the buyers that are in the market.

If you lower your price, you'll get more showings and hopefully, an offer.

However, there aren't too many buyers that will offer FULL PRICE unless you have multiple offers so please be prepared to negotiate.

I do think there will be buyers out this weekend. Seems to me that I usually get an extra showing of my listings on holidays.

Vicki
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary