Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-20-2010, 11:45 PM

3 posts, read 5,345 times

Advertisements

Hello everyone,

I'm moving to Durham in June from Atlanta, GA for my new job (just graduated!) and I was wondering if anyone could shed some light on 1 bedroom apartments in the South Durham area. Near Southpoint Mall to be specific.

I have multiple reasons on why I prefer to live in that area (closer to work, other friends staying close by for car pooling etc..) so living anywhere else, even though it might be better, is sadly not an option for me...

I know there have been many many threads on apartments in the Triangle area on this forum, and trust me, I've looked through all But I was just wondering if someone could suggest any apartments they might have lived in, or know friends of friends who have lived in the Southpoint area. Websites like apartmentratings.com have reviews that are pretty outdated, and are also biased.

I have been looking at some of these apartments, any thoughts/comments, or even any other apartment suggestions would be GREATLY appreciated!

So far I've come up with:
- Berkeley At SouthPoint
- Audubon Lake
- Park Ridge Estates
- 4512 Emerald Forest Drive
- 1520 Magnolia
- The Hamptons at Research Triangle Park
- The Lodge at Southpoint
- The South Terrace at Auburn

Thanks in advance!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2010, 03:54 AM

2,698 posts, read 12,136,363 times
We used to live in Lenox at Patterson Place when we first moved here. It's a little more west of Southpoint than your other choices, but only a 5-10 minute car ride to get to the mall. No complaints.

Mike

Old 05-21-2010, 07:02 AM

120 posts, read 253,431 times
I lived in Ticon properties Fox Chase complex within the Woodcroft community and absolutely loved it. Very quiet and tucked away among Woodcroft's walking/running trials. The prices were unbeatable and my rent was lowered never increased over the 4 years I lived there.

Old 05-21-2010, 11:03 AM

3 posts, read 5,345 times
Thanks for the reply guys!

I checked out Lenox at Paterson place, apparently there has been a recent change of management which is really horrible...

Fox Chase at Woodcroft looks pretty good, but they dont know availabilities till later due to their 30 day notice move out policy.

Old 05-24-2010, 07:37 AM

305 posts, read 759,189 times
I have family members who live at The Lodge, as well as friends who lived there a few years back. Other than some typical apartment maintenance issues (washer leaking when they moved in) no big problems, and the repair staff was prompt in coming out to address them. Nice amenities, no noise problems of note.

Old 05-30-2010, 01:23 PM

13 posts, read 34,143 times
I've lived in both South Terrace at Auburn (2009) and Audubon Lake (2008-2009) and my wife has lived in the Berkeley (2005-2009). I can't recommend South Terrace because of the current crowd and management was inept. I've known other people who have lived there and the general consensus is that it has really gone downhill in the last few years. Audubon Lake on the other hand I liked. It was pretty quiet and low key. The apartments were a little older but affordable and I didn't have any problems the year I lived there. The Berkeley is the nicest of the three and the most expensive. It is in a convenient location and my wife never had problems while living there. If I had to pick one of the three I'd probably go with Audubon Lake although my wife would probably pick the Berkeley. Hope this helps.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary