Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2010, 01:18 PM

2,698 posts, read 12,145,021 times

Advertisements

Darn. Sounds like I won't be far behind you. By chance, did the BB have a box set up for you to play with? Honestly, I've been ready to make the switch a few times, but I really want to play with Dish's (or DirectTV's) system before I commit.

Mike
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2010, 02:03 PM

375 posts, read 1,141,833 times
I don't know if they had a box set up or not... hubby was in there and talked to the sales guy.

However, my parents have DISH, and have no major complaints. There is a slight delay when changing channels - but not nearly as bad as it is with TWC. The technicians told my parents that there will always be a small delay in the channels with digital boxes now. I don't know if that's actually true, or if they were blowing smoke. They would lose signal during storms, but it was fairly predictable. Now that they have a second dish (had a regular, got an HD tv and needed an HD dish - the tech just left them both up), they rarely lose the signal. So - if we get enough storms to come through I'm sure you can complain and get a 2nd dish. The channel line-ups make more sense as well - the HD channel is right next to the SD, and its grouped by categories. (And I think you can search by categories as well). The DVR hard drives hold a fair bit, and you can plug in an external or USB drive for more space if needed. The only DVR issue my parents have is sometimes what they try to record on one box ends up on the other, or shows the neighbors have set up to tape show up on their box. We think this is because the range on the remotes are just a little too good. =0)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary