Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-28-2010, 12:19 PM

16 posts, read 61,760 times

Advertisements

Me and my boyfriend currently live in Morrisville at Davis Dr. and Morrisville Carpenter Rd. I work at Rex Hospital, and he works in Centregreen Way off of Weston Pkwy right in the cusp of Cary. We both have fairly short commutes but we are in an apartment and plan on buying a house in a year or so. To keep our work commute short and against traffic for both of us, we need to look for houses in certain zip codes (I looked at a zip code map ). I need some suggestions of houses or housing developments in these areas. Our budget is going to be around $215,000, or at the very most $230,000.

Preffered zip codes - 27513, 27560
Alternative choices - 27607, 27511, 27606

We havent talked to a real estate agent yet, but I wanted to start getting ideas of housing prices in these areas to see if we can even afford it. Oh, and we absolutely refuse to buy a townhome! I know they are in our price range but I can't stand sharing a wall!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2010, 12:43 PM

43,314 posts, read 77,154,614 times
Before you spill any more details about your budget publicly, read this:

http://www.ncrec.gov/publications-bulletins/WorkingWith.html (broken link)

It seems that North Cary might work well for you to split two fairly painless commutes.
Look in Cary in the Silverton area, Springbrooke, for example. Or Silvercrest or Silvercliff.
That is off the Cary Parkway, near Harrison Ave.
Farther up, there is usually something in Beechtree, but if they are nice, they go fast. Great location.

Also, you can usually find something in Northwoods.
Royal Oaks.
Willoughby Place
There are a few in Hearthstone Farms.

Most homes in the $200,000+/- range in N Cary will need some updating or repairs, too. But, there are homes out there that should work well for you.

Old 05-28-2010, 01:08 PM

16 posts, read 61,760 times
The area in Cary that you are talking about is absoutely perfect for our location! Now I will just have to start doing some research. Thanks!

Old 05-28-2010, 01:14 PM

1,040 posts, read 3,603,148 times
We lived in Oxxford Hunt and did love it there. They have a great homeowners association and pool.

Oxxford Hunt

They are in 27513 if I remember correctly.

Old 05-28-2010, 11:00 PM

4,304 posts, read 5,993,109 times
We're in Willoughby Place...nice little neighborhood. We bought a 4 BR here last year for well under 200k, you should be able to find something within your budget if things are on the market.

Mid-80s construction, so most are a bit dated, but there are certainly nice starter homes to be had here. Great location. Neighborhood of single-family homes on wooded lots with duplexes and a few new townhouses bordering, so an interesting mix of people.

No HOA, and obviously no neighborhood amenities either. Food Lion plaza right around the corner...not a lot of stuff in there, but a few restaurants that we sometimes walk to.

Old 05-29-2010, 04:56 AM

43,314 posts, read 77,154,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SFspiderman View Post
We're in Willoughby Place...nice little neighborhood. We bought a 4 BR here last year for well under 200k, you should be able to find something within your budget if things are on the market.

Mid-80s construction, so most are a bit dated, but there are certainly nice starter homes to be had here. Great location. Neighborhood of single-family homes on wooded lots with duplexes and a few new townhouses bordering, so an interesting mix of people.

No HOA, and obviously no neighborhood amenities either. Food Lion plaza right around the corner...not a lot of stuff in there, but a few restaurants that we sometimes walk to.
And easy commutes for the OP. We lived on Willoughby for a few years, and the access to conveniences and into Raleigh were great.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary