Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2018, 08:47 AM

257 posts, read 491,661 times

Advertisements

Doing a FSBO on an entry level home in Apex with buyer agent commission.

Outside of the FSBO websites that offer marketing packages for several hundred dollars, are there agencies that we can contact directly that will list the property on MLS for a nominal flat fee?

Appreciate recommendation on this post or direct message me.

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2018, 12:18 PM

43,314 posts, read 77,154,614 times
I see in the real estate forum that you are looking for a $200 + buyer's agent split listing.
What would you expect an agent to do for you for $200?

Old 07-07-2018, 01:02 PM

9,265 posts, read 8,278,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJaquish View Post
I see in the real estate forum that you are looking for a $200 + buyer's agent split listing.
What would you expect an agent to do for you for $200?
I think it was pretty clear, he/she is just looking for a flat fee MLS listing.

Old 07-07-2018, 02:37 PM

25,116 posts, read 16,226,257 times
as MikeJ noted, I also provided an answer in the Real Estate Forum.

I'd do it for $200, if my work was limited to 1 hour. Maybe 2 if we had some type of connection.

It can be done in an hour - send me all the facts and room measurements, done by the professional you pay. send me whatever photos you pay for or are willing to show off your photography skills. There's 82 fields that I have to enter, and some can essentially be "No Representation" although that doesn't make your house look its best online.

I can get that thing in MLS quick, and not have another care in the world. Don't forget to tell that Buyer's agent that calls you with questions and y'all work out an offer that it's her responsibility to get MLS right or she gets fined too. I'll be playing golf with your $200.

Old 07-07-2018, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoBromhal View Post
I'd do it for $200, if my work was limited to 1 hour. Maybe 2 if we had some type of connection.

It can be done in an hour - send me all the facts and room measurements, done by the professional you pay. send me whatever photos you pay for or are willing to show off your photography skills. I can get that thing in MLS quick, and not have another care in the world. Don't forget to tell that Buyer's agent that calls you with questions and y'all work out an offer that it's her responsibility to get MLS right or she gets fined too. I'll be playing golf with your $200.
Rooms and measurements are not a requirement for MLS listings.

So, you would offer an inclusive upgrade package?

Old 07-07-2018, 02:44 PM

25,116 posts, read 16,226,257 times
I'd throw that in from goodwill, since I'm a fast enough typist if they send me the correct info. I also edited my answer above, for clarification

Old 07-07-2018, 02:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoBromhal View Post
I'd throw that in from goodwill, since I'm a fast enough typist if they send me the correct info. I also edited my answer above, for clarification
Uhhhhh,.... Please clarify:
How does correctness of info affect your keyboarding speed?

Old 07-07-2018, 02:52 PM

More seriously, and the reason I asked the OP what they were looking for...

A barebones MLS listing and a well-completed listing are two different things, and the OP should know exactly what he expects to have done.
Rooms, levels, dimensions.
How many photos, with or without captions. Ordered or random?
Upload disclosures, plat, floor plan, surveys, etc, like any competent listing agent might?
Good write up in Remarks highlighting the features of the property?

Quality, low cost, high speed. Pick any two, but you won't get all three.

Old 07-07-2018, 06:45 PM

1,737 posts, read 2,575,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJaquish View Post
More seriously, and the reason I asked the OP what they were looking for...

A barebones MLS listing and a well-completed listing are two different things, and the OP should know exactly what he expects to have done.
Rooms, levels, dimensions.
How many photos, with or without captions. Ordered or random?
Upload disclosures, plat, floor plan, surveys, etc, like any competent listing agent might?
Good write up in Remarks highlighting the features of the property?

Quality, low cost, high speed. Pick any two, but you won't get all three.
Wouldn't most everyone pick quality and low cost ?

Old 07-07-2018, 07:04 PM

2,541 posts, read 5,478,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ucctgg View Post
Wouldn't most everyone pick quality and low cost ?
Yes, they would but the problem is that quality takes time. And while YOU might pick high quality and low cost, you will have a hard time finding someone who will give you high quality (which takes them a lot of their time) if you're going to pay them a low wage. Also, those who do high quality work often don't have to beg for new business so they are the ones that aren't willing to waste their time on people who aren't willing to pay.

Everyone wants high wages until they are the ones paying the bill.

The real question here is why on earth would you want minimal exposure in a market that is so crazy hot? People are making offers $20k, $30k over asking price but that only happens when their are multiple bids. You get multiple bids by attracting a large number of people to the property, with amazing marketing that showcases your property all over the internet, timing the paid ads properly, targeting them to hit the right people on social media, stunning photography & staging all get more people to the property and excited about the property.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary