Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2010, 10:19 AM

43,275 posts, read 77,073,002 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cocytus View Post
Umm..why would you jeopardize your BF's health to "save" a few dollars,OP?
Sometimes you really shouldn't try to go "cheap"
Sheesh... A little anti-climatic, no?, since the OP has a good resolution.

Some folks can reach in pocket and pop $160 for stitch removal and not miss a meal, or a movie.
Others are not so fortunate, and the OP clearly mentioned "unemployed."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2010, 12:12 PM

2,006 posts, read 3,582,975 times
It's pretty easy to see infection, it's swollen, red, it hurts, discharge ect. You could have a fever if it's bad.

I took out my own stitches from wisdom teeth removal.

Price transparency is a huge problem with health care, plus all the money that goes into butt covering in case of a mistake ect.

Old 06-04-2010, 12:39 PM

1,877 posts, read 5,342,397 times
Quote:
Umm..why would you jeopardize your BF's health to "save" a few dollars,OP?
Sometimes you really shouldn't try to go "cheap"
I think the whole point was to find a safe and affordable way to get it done, which they apparently did. That was the whole point in asking. I never got the impression they were sacrificing safety to save money. A "few dollars" to you, may not be the same for others.

Old 06-04-2010, 02:07 PM

8,583 posts, read 16,007,147 times
Very smart to find the most affordable place !!
Dave Ramsey would be proud!!!!

Old 06-04-2010, 05:10 PM

12,626 posts, read 32,053,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sayantsi View Post
I would think anyone with a pair of scissors and tweezers could to it. Cut next to the knot, and pull the knot up to pull the string out.
I was going to say the same.

Old 06-06-2010, 12:06 PM

470 posts, read 1,155,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielleNC View Post
I think the whole point was to find a safe and affordable way to get it done, which they apparently did. That was the whole point in asking. I never got the impression they were sacrificing safety to save money. A "few dollars" to you, may not be the same for others.
"Safe" and "affordable" rarely go w/ good health care.
I thought (and think) that trying to "save money" when it comes to your health is a poor idea.

The hospitals are full of people who didn't want to spend too much money.
They are the "lucky" ones.
The cemeteries are full of the unlucky ones.

Old 06-06-2010, 12:08 PM

43,275 posts, read 77,073,002 times
Quote:
"Safe" and "affordable" rarely go w/ good health care.
I thought (and think) that trying to "save money" when it comes to your health is a poor idea.

The hospitals are full of people who didn't want to spend too much money.
They are the "lucky" ones.
The cemeteries are full of the unlucky ones.
Rumor has it that the "lucky" ones find their way to the cemetary sooner or later.....

Old 07-05-2010, 02:38 PM

13 posts, read 33,579 times
i recently had stitches in the ER and they told me to come back to the ER to have them removed free of charge. As a matter of fact everytime i've had to have stitches....i've always gone back to the place who gave me the stitches and had them removed at no charge......

Old 07-05-2010, 02:52 PM

795 posts, read 2,298,283 times
Talking cut me loose

Quote:
Originally Posted by magichappens View Post
He needs to get the stitches taken out shortly, and we are trying to find the most inexpensive way to have this done. The ER doc said any general practitioner could do it. TIA
Take em out yourself. After healing from my schmusk cuts I removed the stitches that had not fallen out.

Mel Brooks Starts Nonprofit Foundation To Save Word '*******' | The Onion - America's Finest News Source

Old 07-05-2010, 02:59 PM

757 posts, read 2,082,700 times
Take them out yourself! Buy some small scissors and dip them in alcohol. Pour hydrogen peroxide on the site before taking them out. Don't knick the skin and there should be no way he could get an infection. As long as the area is healed, infection risk should be low. Very easy. Don't take them out if the area is still healing. The area should be close to healing if there is a lot of dead skin around the site.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary