Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2007, 06:47 PM

180 posts, read 733,612 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by laughalot View Post
You can still find all of that here,you just need to come down and look around! There are many new schools being built and more to come, conversion of many of these schools to a year round program is not the long-term solution.

The year round schools we've had to date have been very difficult to get into because the demand is so high. My boys just finished their last year of that schedule as they are going into high school and all of those are on a traditional calendar. Although they're looking forward to a long summer they're aren't looking forward to missing all their breaks! They started in mid-July, were off for a month around Labor Day, off from Thanksgiving until after New Year, off again for four weeks around Easter and off from Memorial Day through 4th of July week. I don't know if they have this kind of schedule in MA but here it's 9 weeks in, 3 weeks out and if you're track out bumps into traditional holidays it's just a longer break. The teacher's we've had on this program love it too.

Good luck to you!
No what I am saying we can maybe get $350 for our house that is worth 450 just because of the market now. So we have to pay off our house and we would only maybe have 150 going into the new house. so a $500k house is going to cost us $3k a month!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2007, 05:54 AM

214 posts, read 701,708 times
To Scott: Are you sure you would need a 500K house in NC to get the same type of house you have in Mass? We basically got a 6 year old house with same square footage, 1/4 less of an acre (which adds up to a lot of time saved in yard work for us), more bathrooms for 100K less than what we sold for in Massachusetts- even with the bad real estate market there.

Old 06-22-2007, 06:21 AM

Well we put on a huge kitchen addition with, 5 windows with eliptical on top, stainless appliances, granite counter tops and bamboo radiant heat floors, stealth speakers in 12 ft ceilings. every house with anything like our kitchen is 500k. I like yard work and gardening too, everything I have seen is mostly less than a acre lots unless you move way out to the country.

Old 06-22-2007, 06:32 AM

1,246 posts, read 4,384,360 times
Your kitchen sounds like my dream kitchen. I wish more 500k houses had kitchens like that. I don't know how you can give it up as I doubt you'll ever find anything like it.

Old 06-22-2007, 06:44 AM

Right....that's my point. We have a 1K a month mortgage now. Even though our house is only 2000 sq feet it is more custom than anything. we have a pool, hot tub, $20k landscaped yard. Our mortgage would increase to 3k and still might not get our kitchen we have.

Old 07-07-2007, 07:34 PM

5,500 posts, read 10,517,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PudelPie View Post
Boston is not being "closed down" by any means, although it's true some groups are moving to Smithfield, RI in 2008. NC promises to be a big technology center, but it's not going to replace jobs in the northeast.

It's already replacing jobs from Marl as well as TX and KY taking jobs from Marl as well. All that will be left executives in MA soon.

Old 07-08-2007, 03:46 PM

2 posts, read 5,736 times
Default Recommendations for Landing a Newly Created Fidelity Job ??

Does anyone have any recommendations for landing one of these newly created jobs at Fidelity???? I have been applying for months with no luck ....

I recently moved from Long Island, NY to Cary, NC. I have a good job in Cary, but would very much like to work at Fidelity!!

Any recommendations or assistance would be GREATLY appreciated!!

THANK YOU !!!

Old 07-13-2007, 07:08 PM

1 posts, read 2,505 times
Default contract tech job

I am in the running for a PC Technician job thru a contractor who hires for HP. I would be placed at Fidelity. The recruiter made it clear that there is no possibility of this ever becoming a permanent position with Fidelity.

Anyone have any experience or ideas on how Fidelity operates on the technology side? Is it all contract work? Do you know of any permanent positions for technology professionals within Fidelity? Considering what the contractor said do you think there is a future at Fidelity for me?

Last edited by testy; 07-13-2007 at 07:49 PM..

Old 07-13-2007, 10:43 PM

5,500 posts, read 10,517,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by testy View Post
I am in the running for a PC Technician job thru a contractor who hires for HP. I would be placed at Fidelity. The recruiter made it clear that there is no possibility of this ever becoming a permanent position with Fidelity.

Anyone have any experience or ideas on how Fidelity operates on the technology side? Is it all contract work? Do you know of any permanent positions for technology professionals within Fidelity? Considering what the contractor said do you think there is a future at Fidelity for me?
all I know is the tech jobs are still up north and moving down here very slowly.

Old 07-15-2007, 05:22 PM

52 posts, read 229,869 times
Default investment or marketing

Does anyone know if there will be any investment management or marketing jobs in the NC facility, or are they all IT?

Thanks!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary