Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-05-2010, 08:48 PM

5 posts, read 9,202 times

Advertisements

Please share your thoughts about living in Youngsville. Is this a good place for young familes? We are trying to decide between Youngsville and WF. I am wondering just how often I will be driving to WF if we choose Youngsville. I am guessing I will need to for shopping, doctors and eating out. But will all the kid activities (sports/lessons/tutors/fun) be in WF, too?
Probably the deal breaker could come down to schools. Tell me about the Youngsville schools? Are there private schools? Are the schools in WF better? Private schools in WF? (Basically of all the Elem. schools in these two areas, which one is the best?)

We have found houses and neighborhoods in both areas that we like. We just need some input. Thanks!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2010, 08:50 PM

Also any thoughts on Stephens Glen?

Old 06-06-2010, 05:47 AM

2,834 posts, read 12,029,735 times
I have friends who have kids at longmill and they love it. They had lived in wake forest and moved to youngsville and are very happy with the school. As far as activities go, my friends that do live in youngsville seem to do most things in wake forest, but it also may depend on which activities you are looking for.

I have taken clients to stephen's glen and it is a nice neighborhood! I know they have sold about 20 homes since they opened, and probably 8 this year? i was out there about 3 months ago, so I am not sure how it has changed in that time.

good luck

Leigh

Old 06-06-2010, 09:11 AM

Thanks Leigh.

What do your friends like about Long Mill? I am worried about the test scores.

Old 06-06-2010, 09:41 AM

441 posts, read 1,291,239 times
I live in WF but work in Youngsville, not sure about schools but most people I know say Youngville Ele. is the better school. As far as shopping, eat out I would say that you would be going to WF for most or all of this. Youngville is just starting to get name brand stores. Food loin is there now. Baseball is very active there as and they just added a new field and parking about 1 year ago. Quiet town but very nice and I would think its the next WF.

Old 06-06-2010, 10:02 AM

2,834 posts, read 12,029,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by intothemystic311 View Post
Thanks Leigh.

What do your friends like about Long Mill? I am worried about the test scores.
One friend moved from wake county to franklin county, and another already lived in franklin county but was switched from youngsville elementary to Long mill. Both were on traditional calendar, and they wanted to keep it that way, so Long Mill worked for them

One friend (from wake county) was in the process of getting her son tested for some learning disabilities and she felt that once she moved to Long Mill, the process of getting him services was easier, and he was receiving more one on one attention from the teachers/administrators at Long Mill. The school is smaller than the previous elementary school and they have felt that there has been a much more positive interaction between students and teachers, as well as parents and administrators.

My other friend really liked youngsville elementary, but has liked Long Mill just as much. she has kids in the upper elementary grades as well as kindergarten and she has felt that the teachers are very good, and her kids are happy. She volunteers quite a bit and sees the school from the "inside" and is happy her kids were moved there.

As far as living in youngsville, they really do all of their "stuff" in wake forest (from dance, gymnastics, going to the Y, grocery shopping, target, restaurants). Yes, youngsville is getting a few more stores, but the bulk of their needs are still in wake forest.

Leigh
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary