Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2012, 11:16 PM

53 posts, read 92,388 times

Advertisements

And no houses along those power lines, either. The neighborhood houses are beyond that area which is why I commented that you can't really see the cooling tower, just the steam. I do realize that can be a turn off to folks, no worries. There are many options around the Triangle that we also liked. No shortage of choices!

I forgot to add Governor's Club near Chapel Hill as an option, if you can afford that area. I believe it has 27 holes total.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2012, 06:24 AM

3,050 posts, read 4,993,784 times
I don't think seeing the steam is a problem, you can see that from Cary, Apex, even parts of Durham. Most people probably see it more than they think and just assume it is a cloud!

But 12 Oaks is only 5 miles from the plant - not a problem for most people but for those that are worried about such things, it is good to know up front.

Old 07-08-2012, 07:40 AM

34,938 posts, read 36,253,872 times
I'm glad there are no houses near the power lines. I've never understood why anyone would buy a house (particularly a 500k plus house) with power lines running through the yard.

Old 07-08-2012, 07:49 AM

43,284 posts, read 77,115,925 times
The powerlines cut through future Phase 6 of 12 Oaks. It is not yet platted on public records for individual lots, but I am guessing it will be a while before the layout is clear.

Old 07-08-2012, 08:18 AM

34,938 posts, read 36,253,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJaquish View Post
The powerlines cut through future Phase 6 of 12 Oaks. It is not yet platted on public records for individual lots, but I am guessing it will be a while before the layout is clear.
I wondered about that. There are power lines cutting through (or near) most golf developments around here. The ones in Wakefield look horrible.

Old 01-02-2013, 08:58 AM

Thought I'd refresh this thread to see if anyone had any recent news on when the new developer Landeaver is going to release new lots to builders. Last I heard, they were doing an updated market survey, but that was back during this Summer.

Anything good rumors??

Old 01-02-2013, 09:48 AM

3,050 posts, read 4,993,784 times
I don't have any updates but...now that 540 is just a couple of miles up the road, and the Target is getting ready to open, I would expect 12 Oaks to get a lot of interest.

Old 01-02-2013, 10:43 AM

1,310 posts, read 2,939,819 times
FYI, I drove to Twelve Oaks from where I currently live (McCrimmon & GLC Rd.) and it took me 20 minutes on 540 so you can live there and be in RTP in ~ 30 minutes. If 540 was open when I was looking 4 years ago I would have definitely considered it.

Old 01-02-2013, 11:35 AM

We have been notified a new golf management company under the Arnold Palmer umbrella has taken over course responsibilities and they will be announcing new updates in Jan, but not sure what those entail. The e-mail did mention something about going to an invitation-only membership to the course, but no further details as of yet. Interesting. I just figure eventually the new developer is going to have to start releasing new tracts to builders to start getting their money back out out...the land still needs to be cleared, leveled, utilities, roads...doesn't that take about 6 mos to a year before building can even begin???

Old 03-12-2013, 06:18 AM

Hi all. Was just in town this weekend and swung by to check on the neighborhood...wow! There is a ton of building going on. Crews everywhere. What stood out to me were the new sections being cleared over in the Weekly Homes development part off of Ancient Oaks Dr...that was definitely new since I was there last.

In talking with my soon to be neighbors, the developer, Landever, is planning to extend a new phase down Morning Oaks Dr and is wanting to sell the lots to the builders for $120K per lot with target homes in the $500K and up range. I jokingly said, "well, I guess they'll hate driving by our houses when they're finished, like driving through da' hood!"

The new Holly Springs Towne Center just opened this past weekend and Kite Realty already looking to develop a second phase of it.

540 was wide open and the new "super intersections" on 55 were completed...those are going to take some time to get used to. I'm sure some folks got a laugh as I pulled up to the intersection with my left turn signal on only to find out I could only make a right turn, go down to the next light, make a u-turn, then come back to 540.

Saw "Sharon's" steam cloud as I drove around...that's what my kid's have nicknamed the nuclear plant. Having said that, I was staying in Preston and guess who I saw from there on Sat afternoon? Good ol' Sharon's puffy steam cloud coming right up from the tree line. I hadn't realized the proximity of Preston to the plant until this weekend...it just made me chuckle as folks talk about not wanting to live near a nuclear plant, but here I was in a premiere country club neighborhood looking at the steam cloud puffing over the tree line Having some background in nuclear technology, it really much ado about nothing...the bio research in the RTP is much scarier if anything ever went wrong!!! It's just the visual aspect, I think.

Anyways, it was a neat visit this weekend and made me excited to hurry up and move to the land of "real" BBQ!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary