Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Dakota > Rapid City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-24-2010, 09:17 AM

151 posts, read 326,276 times

Advertisements

Brian - Thank you for sharing! - you have a beautiful family - btw!
We will be packing our U-Haul this next weekend & will be unloading IN Spearfish next week!!!
I got so happy looking at your photos! You will get the one day, if it is truly meant to be.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2010, 12:02 PM

189 posts, read 564,568 times
A WORD OF CAUTION! anytime a person has allergies, be aware even taking vitamins, as some products may contain wheat as does some vit. e from source. i always believe in taking the smallest amt. possible and wait 24 hrs to see if there is bad reaction. that means anything. in aug 2010 readers digest, good article on animals and an eagle too. one young man started having breathing problems from allergic reaction. dog may have saved his life. he started having more reactions, some to food. i think young mans age 19 in article. i used to have lots of allergies. when i got stung by bee about age 8 i would have died if my grandma hadnt called the doc and he came right over (house calls back then) and gave me a shot. i was sick for some time. hives, swollen lips , could hardly swallow, eyes not focusing etc. stayed home but it worked out ok. i am still here. another note. people here call me the lady that walks all over town. some will say, i see you walking all over. well i bet they do a lot of walking when they are at walmarts or a shopping mall!!!!!!!!

Old 08-24-2010, 01:31 PM

380 posts, read 1,000,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tripphome View Post
Brian - Thank you for sharing! - you have a beautiful family - btw!
We will be packing our U-Haul this next weekend & will be unloading IN Spearfish next week!!!
I got so happy looking at your photos! You will get the one day, if it is truly meant to be.

Oh, I am SOOOOO jealous of you guys! How exciting for you to be moving in that beautiful town! Okay, now I shared my trip, perhaps you could take some photos along the way of your move to share! All the way from loading the truck, pics along the way to unloading in Spearfish! That would be neat!

I hope you guys have a easy and safe move. Take care and enjoy SD!!!

Old 08-24-2010, 02:23 PM

Oh, I found a picture that I forgot to post! This is from our friend's house in Lead looking towards the old mine. What a view...... Every time we have gone up there for the 4th of July, we always have great seats of the show...right in his front yard!!

Old 09-17-2010, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD4020 View Post
Excellent! Mid september or late september and a tour of spearfish canyon would be dukcy. I'll gas up the Lincoln and pickup
Hey SD4020 it's about time for that tour huh?

Old 09-17-2010, 04:45 PM

27,957 posts, read 39,779,820 times
That is on the agenda for next week. Waiting for my guest to arrive.

Just picked up batteries from my camera and I will clean off the card and be good to go.

Old 09-17-2010, 05:32 PM

12,054 posts, read 23,349,004 times
Thanks for great pics! I have never been in that part of the country, but I felt that I was on the road with you. The kids must have loved the Reptile Garden. That tortoise was huge (and old)!

Old 10-12-2010, 11:29 AM

12 posts, read 37,553 times
Those are great pictures when I started leaning towards Rapid City on a place that we wanted to move the first thing my husband asked was wanted to see pictures of the area as he wants this to be our last and final move which i so agree with. Anyways once I showed him the pictures got him much more excited we have only been in WI for a few months so he really does not like the idea of moving so soon but we both agree we do not like it here. As soon as we have enough money saved up will be hitting the road Rapid City here we come. If I had the money right now I would leave today. I am so excited for nice people and better quality of life. Can't wait. Yippie.

Old 10-14-2010, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnnam View Post
Those are great pictures when I started leaning towards Rapid City on a place that we wanted to move the first thing my husband asked was wanted to see pictures of the area as he wants this to be our last and final move which i so agree with. Anyways once I showed him the pictures got him much more excited we have only been in WI for a few months so he really does not like the idea of moving so soon but we both agree we do not like it here. As soon as we have enough money saved up will be hitting the road Rapid City here we come. If I had the money right now I would leave today. I am so excited for nice people and better quality of life. Can't wait. Yippie.

I'm excited for you!! Rapid is a wonderful place. Concentrate on saving every dollar. That is what my wife and I are doing. SAVE SAVE SAVE to get the h e double hockey sticks out of Omaha by July 1st 2011!!

Old 10-11-2011, 05:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogwalker425 View Post
Great pics and good looking family!

Makes me want to visit.

Remember this dogwalker? Who would have thought that it wouldn't be much longer down the road that you would be LIVING there....not just visiting AND be married too?!?!? It's all good!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Dakota > Rapid City