Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Dakota > Rapid City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2011, 03:42 PM

380 posts, read 1,000,192 times

Advertisements

Okay, so in a couple weeks my wife and I are going to be in Rapid for a romantic early Valentines day retreat. I got all the goodies planned out...it's going to be a great time. Nice fancy hotel room with a Jacuzzi tub, wine in the fridge, rose petals on the bed....you get the drift!!

ANYWAYS....as most of you know here, we are trying to get back to Rapid and call it home. The biggest snag is me scoring a job at a GM dealership. So, I was wondering if anyone knew if Rapid Chevy and Queen City are owned by the same person. I plan on stopping in Rapid first to talk some turkey and see if they would be interested in me, but figured that I could stop into Queen City and make an introduction as well if Rapid didn't pan out. I'd rather live in Spearfish anyway if I could get it hired at Queen. Rapid Chevy is where I want to work though. I don't want to work in Rapid and live in Spearfish. That drive to and from everyday would drive me nuts! I live 1.8 miles away from work now. Drive there in 5 minutes tops! Any info would be appreciated if you know if ANYTHING of these two dealerships. Thanks everyone!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2011, 04:08 PM

27,957 posts, read 39,758,001 times
I used to know who owned rapid chevrolet. I think they are owned by two seperate corporations. But I am not up to speed on anything GM anymore.

Old 02-04-2011, 04:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD4020 View Post
I used to know who owned rapid chevrolet. I think they are owned by two seperate corporations. But I am not up to speed on anything GM anymore.

Hmm...I wonder if anyone here knows of someone on the higher end at a GM dealership around here. I would love to have an "inside connection" as a back up plan if Rapid Chevy were to not want to hire me. I plan on dressing to impress and bringing them my "file" with resume and print outs of that work that I can do for them. If they deny me, I will try another dealership....I won't stop. I GOTTA find someone that will take me and pay what I need to survive so my family can get out of this town and back to the hills!!

Old 02-04-2011, 05:55 PM

It seems they are always looking for help. But I am not much help... I like my Fords and Lincolns.

Old 02-04-2011, 09:59 PM

72 posts, read 206,181 times
They are not owned by the same company. Rapid Chevy is owned by the same people as Black Hills Toyota thou. Not sure if Queen City has an affiliation with any other dealership, but I think they are not.

Old 02-05-2011, 12:07 PM

948 posts, read 2,790,748 times
Even if you are more privy to a Chevy dealership - don't rule out the Ford dealer in Spearfish it is a competitive env. but last I knew they are a top selling dealership in the northern plains - I've always liked GM/Jeep dealer in Spearfish - I was in getting an oil change last week and noticed the salesman I got my Jeep from new in 2000 is still there - I know George Kosola (lived next to him growing up) - last I knew he was Queen Cities sales manager (havn't seen him for several yrs though), but he's getting up there maybe close to retirement - he's been slingin chevys over 30 years.

Old 02-07-2011, 08:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric#1 View Post
Even if you are more privy to a Chevy dealership - don't rule out the Ford dealer in Spearfish it is a competitive env. but last I knew they are a top selling dealership in the northern plains - I've always liked GM/Jeep dealer in Spearfish - I was in getting an oil change last week and noticed the salesman I got my Jeep from new in 2000 is still there - I know George Kosola (lived next to him growing up) - last I knew he was Queen Cities sales manager (havn't seen him for several yrs though), but he's getting up there maybe close to retirement - he's been slingin chevys over 30 years.

WOW! That sounds like some of the people here at my dealership. There is this one guy that started out as a lot porter when he was 17. He is now 57 and still here! I'll save you the math...that is 40 years! lol This dealership that I work at now is family owned and they love their employees. When it is someones birthday they will announce it over the intercom and give you a little b-day cake with a candle. They are always giving us t-shirts with the dealership name on it and throwing seasonal parties as a big thank you for all that each and everyone of us does to make the dealership successful. There are probably at least 20 employees here out of 50 that have been here for 10yrs +. It's just a great place to work. I wish that I could just magically move this dealership up to the hills and call it good! lol I love working here and love everyone that I work with. The problem is, I HATE living here. My wife and I can't stop dreaming about being up in the hills. We won't stop trying....someday we will get it. Hopefully sooner than later!

I thought about "Queen City" as a place, but I figured that since it was not near as big as Rapid Chevy they wouldn't have a need for me. I guess if Rapid turns me don't it wont hurt to stop in and say hello. I didn't know that Rapid owned the Toyota store as well. I have ZERO Toyota experience. I am a fast learner, but I figured with all the GM training I have received it would be my best bet. I guess I'll have to get up there and see! Only 6 more days until we are there! OH YEAH!

Old 02-07-2011, 01:41 PM

1,582 posts, read 3,108,480 times
You might also want to check out Hersruds in Sturgis, on your way through to Spearfish. They aren't as big, but they do have two dealerships in the northern hills. One in Sturgis and one in Belle Fourche.

Old 02-07-2011, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by no8fann View Post
You might also want to check out Hersruds in Sturgis, on your way through to Spearfish. They aren't as big, but they do have two dealerships in the northern hills. One in Sturgis and one in Belle Fourche.

Excellent! Thanks for the tip!!

Old 02-07-2011, 02:34 PM

Hushruds also handles quite a bit of farm equipment.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Dakota > Rapid City