Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Dakota > Rapid City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-07-2008, 09:01 PM

3,941 posts, read 14,718,728 times

Advertisements

I think our own Jeremy made this article.
A new shopping district called "The Gateway at Rapid City" is planned north of I-90 next to Cabela's.

Cabela’s development gets new site plan » RapidCityJournal.com (http://www.rapidcityjournal.com/articles/2008/10/06/news/top/doc48ea9a47c34c1108773917.txt - broken link)

Foursquare Properties
On the site plan, I think the building marked "Building A" is the current Cabela's. I'm assuming the larger "Building B" next to it will be Sam's or whichever home improvement center goes in. Beings we already have a Lowe's, Menard's, and several Ace's I'd guess it to be a Home Depot.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2008, 06:09 AM

384 posts, read 1,670,031 times
Default So many new things!

I've only been gone 2 yrs but I wonder if I will even recognize the place next summer when we come back for a visit!! I know about the water park and the new shopping center--any other new major businesses in the last two years?! I think I remember reading about a new indoor play park in the Mall? Is the petting zoo/Old MacDonald farm still open in the summer? I hope so!

Pam

Old 10-08-2008, 07:20 AM

464 posts, read 1,355,898 times
I wouldn't call it a "park" in the mall. It's just a small indoor playland for babies to 4 year olds with things to climb on. It's down by Sears.

Old 10-08-2008, 09:31 AM

56 posts, read 151,183 times
DannyBananny, glad to help

I want to avoid shamelessly promoting the newspaper business blog on here, but I think this (http://rapidcityjournal.com/blogs/business/?p=209 - broken link) is worth reading regarding the Gateway development. Sam's Club may ditch Gateway and go across the street to Rushmore Crossing.

An excerpt:
Quote:
If Sam’s Club moves to Rushmore Crossing, that will leave the Gateway (Cabela’s) development a bit isolated, especially if no other big box stores move in to anchor the development. Dakota Discount RVs and Tractor Supply Company are building nearby, but customers of those stores aren’t exactly mainstream retail traffic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Dakota > Rapid City
View detailed profiles of: