Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Dakota > Rapid City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-25-2009, 05:32 PM

819 posts, read 1,738,895 times

Advertisements

thanks to all that helped me. I just for kicks checked out the fl blog. there killing them selfs thank you for keeping me on track. we cant wait to be done there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2009, 08:11 PM

13,495 posts, read 37,356,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by airboatbill View Post
thanks to all that helped me. I just for kicks checked out the fl blog. there killing them selfs thank you for keeping me on track. we cant wait to be done there.
I'm so happy for you and your family. I just know you'll love it out in the Hills. Not sure what you mean by the fl blog. Do you wanna share a link with us?

Old 05-25-2009, 08:28 PM

19,720 posts, read 10,462,860 times
airboatbill, were you posting on the Florida forum/ threads??

PS. I was lurking...

Old 05-25-2009, 08:50 PM

I was so curious I had to snoop, too. Gets pretty heated in some areas and it never changes. I just stick with my fave area~Tampa Bay~things are pretty peaceful around there. AND get this~a huge part of the population there are Midwesterners. Yea, that's the area we're supposed to be drawn to and you know what? It actually is our fave part of that state. It's a nice, peaceful forum, too.

Just adding~sorry that sounded a bit boastful and caddy. It's one of my pet peeves when people think THEIR group are the only ones with good manners or the only good people in the country. But generally, we're a pretty good group of people here.

Last edited by Jammie; 05-25-2009 at 09:05 PM..

Old 05-26-2009, 05:48 AM

Default amen jammie

A pat on your back is ok. I used to live their and can tell you this state is headed for the dumper. and yes tampa bay rocks.

Old 05-26-2009, 07:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by airboatbill View Post
A pat on your back is ok. I used to live their and can tell you this state is headed for the dumper. and yes tampa bay rocks.
The Gulf beaches~they're just perfect, aren't they? I loved the Passe-a-Grille, St. Pete Beach, Tierra Verde area. But needless to say, that's WAY beyond my cost of living allowance.

Actually, it's cheaper for us to fly to Orlando, but we just felt more welcome in the Tampa area. People seemed so happy there and we talked to several about it. Most of them said, "Why wouldn't we be happy? We're living in Paradise." Now that was a pretty good attitude. I've often wondered if their moods have changed after things really went downhill there.

We've never been to the Panhandle, but I don't believe we'd fit in there very well anyway. We've been to central Fla. and quite a ways along the east coast of it. The coastline was nice, but nothing like the Gulf coast area.

What area did you live in? Did you move because of the economy?

Old 05-26-2009, 09:45 AM

Default hi agian

I was born and raised in orlando.and lived in tampa for 3yrs. we moved to texas 3yrs ago following my job before the mess in fl happed.now were follwing my wifes job to rapid city. my mom says tampa is still doing great. she still lives in fl. ps we hope theres some great pizza shops there in rapid city we almost live on pizza.

Old 05-26-2009, 06:53 PM

3,940 posts, read 14,678,457 times
Try Piesano's, Picasso Barn, and JD's Pizza. All very good!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Dakota > Rapid City
View detailed profiles of: