Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Dakota > Rapid City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-04-2010, 08:10 PM

22 posts, read 72,063 times

Advertisements

Moving to Rapid City towards the end of the year and am kind of a foodie. I know there is not much that is eclectic out there but can anyone suggest some good places to get a good meal and maybe a micro brew. Feel free to name your favorite restaurant and a description of what they serve, your favorite meal and maybe a place to eat and hear live music.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2010, 11:39 PM

68 posts, read 172,108 times
well for a micro brew, everyone seams to like the firehouse downtown. for just food, locally, i like Lacosta, over on Omaha street (next to c/sac), good authentic Mexican food. theres also Piesano's Pacchia over on canyon lake drive. really good pizza, similar to Bostons, but more toned down. for franchise's, theres Bostons, outback, olive garden, red lobster, apple-bees, and all the other chain restaurants up by the mall. since i am not yet 21, i can really comment on bars, or anywhere that specializes in serving drinks. if you use Google earth, browsing rapid city with restaurants turned on, and reading reviews is a way to see what lots of people think.

Old 01-05-2010, 10:22 AM

56 posts, read 210,814 times
I love Sanford's which is located at 306 7th Street. I haven't been in Rapid for a long time so I'm not sure if it's still there but I always have to stop there whenever I get to Rapid. There's a Sanford's in Spearfish as well.

Old 01-05-2010, 02:34 PM

27,957 posts, read 39,800,555 times
Sanford is great for a burger. Firehouse is good, but overpriced in my opinion. Colonial House on 8th is another favorite.

Old 01-05-2010, 07:35 PM

3,941 posts, read 14,720,624 times
You said you like more eclectic food. There is Ichiban Sushi Bar on Omaha Street. Hana Sushi on West Main Street. Curry Masala off Mountain View Road. Saigon Vietnamese on North Street. Coco Palace off North Maple and I-90. Rapid City has a surprising amount of dining options.

Old 01-06-2010, 10:58 PM

12 posts, read 31,884 times
Perkins at 3 am with a bunch of friends get to see a lot of interesting people there as well

Old 01-07-2010, 01:11 PM

3,941 posts, read 14,720,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by etp_ak View Post
Perkins at 3 am with a bunch of friends get to see a lot of interesting people there as well
There ya go!

Old 01-07-2010, 11:12 PM

412 posts, read 958,649 times
El Patron Mexican Restaurant on 3rd and St. Joe has the best, most authentic Mexican food I've had since moving from the southwest. Not expensive, either.

The Lost Steer is a new family-run place along Highway 16 that has great steaks and burgers. Dad is out there grilling even when it's subzero outside.

The Gas Light is a neat place that's kind of a cross between Old West and biker bar. It's in a ghost town called Rockerville off Highway 16. You can't miss the Gas Light. It's the only open business in town. They serve a mean buffalo burger.

Talley's is a nice little cafe in downtown Rapid City. It's only open for breakfast and lunch, but soon it should also be opening for dinner. It recently changed ownership and is to be renamed the Silver Spoon if memory serves, but the food and the service are still good.

If you want fancy, try Enigma at the Radisson Hotel.

And I've heard that Lintz Brothers Pizza in Hermosa is absolutely incredible, but I haven't yet made it down there to try it. It's on my to-do list.

Old 01-08-2010, 09:31 AM

22 posts, read 72,063 times
Default thank you

Thank you very much for the responses Kbat those places sound great, cant wait to check them out

Old 01-08-2010, 02:52 PM

27,957 posts, read 39,800,555 times
Yes, Lintz Brothers is excellent. It is usually a must have whenever I visit my brother.

Alpine Inn in Hill City is must eat for the gastronome. Lunch is authentic Germain cuisine.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Dakota > Rapid City