Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Dakota > Rapid City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-25-2010, 08:28 AM

26 posts, read 99,635 times

Advertisements

I have been searching craigslist and AHRN for housing in Rapid City to no avail. I have also looked at a couple of property management websites. Does anyone know if there are warehouse apartments or loft apartments in downtown RC? Do they have apartments above shops downtown? I am looking for something with wood floors and character. A garage apartment or duplex in the historic district would be great as well.

The two main apartments that keep popping up is Highlands Stoney Creek and Harmony Heights. Those are nice, but I am not interested in them.

Do you think I will have luck finding something like this? It doesn't have to be huge. I am single. I don't want to pay more than $1, 000 a month. Will I have more luck when I get there looking through the classifieds? Do most people just put signs in the windows?

I appreciate any assistance anyone can provide.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2010, 10:52 AM

27,957 posts, read 39,764,451 times
The concept hasn't really caught on in rapid. Sioux falls yes. I think there are some but not sure where or who to contact.

Old 04-27-2010, 12:18 AM

3,941 posts, read 14,712,662 times
There are apartments above the shops downtown and they're EXXACTLY what you're looking for. I know a few people who live in them. And don't worry a 1 bedroom runs for less than $500. Most people just put signs in the windows. It's next to impossible to find something about them online.

This grocery store is in the same building as some lofts. They may be able to help:

Home

These people own the bed and breakfast above Delmonico Grll downtown. They may be able to help:

Phone: +1-605-716-3405
Fax: +1-605-341-4448
Cellular: +1-605-431-7383

I also found this article on the new lofts above the piano store on Saint Joseph Street:

Decorating a Loft Rapid City SD - Rapid City SD, loft decoration, Rapid City SD loft apartments, Rapid City SD loft decor, Rapid City SD loft design, Rapid City SD loft remodeling services (http://local.bobvila.com/Decorating_a_Loft_Rapid_City_SD-r1222409-Rapid_City_SD.html - broken link)

Old 04-27-2010, 10:01 AM

26 posts, read 99,635 times
Thank you so much! You are always so helpful on this forum. I really appreciate it!

Old 04-27-2010, 07:25 PM

163 posts, read 428,468 times
I agree with Danny; the closest thing you're going to find are the apts. above downtown shops. Check with A&A property management and try to talk to the younger (30ish) lady- she's awesome.

Old 05-01-2010, 01:47 PM

412 posts, read 958,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notthatgirl View Post
I agree with Danny; the closest thing you're going to find are the apts. above downtown shops. Check with A&A property management and try to talk to the younger (30ish) lady- she's awesome.
Yes, that's Denise. She's cool.

You will find such apartments scattered around downtown above shopfronts, but as others have said they aren't heavily advertised. You would need to personally visit and ask around or have someone keep an ear to the ground for you, which she may be able to help you with.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Dakota > Rapid City