Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-11-2010, 09:46 PM

10,966 posts, read 21,972,507 times

Advertisements

Tom, as I've said before I like the Re/Max business model. I also like the KW model. I like the Exit model. I work for none of those companies. I work for the brand that is the industry leader in technology, ERA. I am a creative, forward thinking agent and my broker is very traditional. We work well together and she keeps me balanced by offering a different perspective to consider. In my case, my broker is more important to me than my company, though I firmly believe ERA is the best all around company in my market. I like the tools/technology they offer as well as the office support systems. Each brand and model has different strengths and weaknesses. I'm glad you found a brand that compliments you. I'm glad I found a brand that compliments me. Regardless, I could go to any company or even open my own and my production levels would be roughly the same so I'd rather work in a place I know I'm happy. There is no "one size fits all". What is it that you fail to understand about the fact that there is no 1 model perfect for everyone? What is it that you fail to understand that not all branches are the same across the board?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2010, 05:31 AM

4,826 posts, read 14,308,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon Hoffman View Post
Tom, as I've said before I like the Re/Max business model. I also like the KW model. I like the Exit model. I work for none of those companies. I work for the brand that is the industry leader in technology, ERA. I am a creative, forward thinking agent and my broker is very traditional. We work well together and she keeps me balanced by offering a different perspective to consider. In my case, my broker is more important to me than my company, though I firmly believe ERA is the best all around company in my market. I like the tools/technology they offer as well as the office support systems. Each brand and model has different strengths and weaknesses. I'm glad you found a brand that compliments you. I'm glad I found a brand that compliments me. Regardless, I could go to any company or even open my own and my production levels would be roughly the same so I'd rather work in a place I know I'm happy. There is no "one size fits all". What is it that you fail to understand about the fact that there is no 1 model perfect for everyone? What is it that you fail to understand that not all branches are the same across the board?
Brandon, competition raises all boats. I agree with you that one size doesn't fit all, I always have agreed with that premise. While you are correct about going to another firm and doing about the same volume of biz, tell me why there is such a disparagent GCI between the average RE/MAX associate and other brand associates?

I can tell you part of it. First, the RE/MAX commission/fee model doesn't allow slackers, but truly benefits top producers. Ask the top producer from your franchise that didn't understand all the benefits until he joined my office. He thought just as you that your firm was top of the heap in technology. Found that to be not true.

I can also tell you that the monthly advertising fund that all RE/MAX people pay into contributes to an unmatched, unless you are Nike, IBM, Coca-Cola, or KFC, brand. My office is one of 12 offices in our 1.5million population service area, no one (including my wife) ever says, I saw that RE/MAX Real Estate Center listed the house down the street, they all say "RE/MAX just listed a house.." In a one mile radius of any point in the area, I would estimate that at any one time, there will be three or four offices with listings in that area. It's why we have "Premier Market Presence."

I could go on, but my dear friend (and I do consider you so), there is a reason top producers find RE/MAX while those of less ambition accept less.

The value of your broker is priceless, but what the franchise and/or the firm offers is a different story.

Old 08-12-2010, 06:18 AM

217 posts, read 445,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomocox View Post
Yes, I am insecure with KW growth rates, but not because they threaten my business, but rather because I don't know of a KW agent who has gone from pure rookie to top of the class, at least not in our area.
I think I finally understanding where all your frustration is coming from. KW opened an office in your area in April of this year and it already has more agents in it than yours does (it has 18 - yours has 15). It must be incredibly frustrating for you to try to recruit against that. It must be so frustrating that it doesn't allow you to see things that are there - like the number of KW agents that have gone from pure rookie to top of the class in your area. I truly am sorry your job has become so much more difficult.

Quote:
I could go on, but my dear friend (and I do consider you so), there is a reason top producers find RE/MAX while those of less ambition accept less.
Again, I am not saying KW is perfect - far from it. There is no perfect brand, office, broker, agent, etc. The good thing is that there are choices of offices out there for people of different personalities and abilities - and there are choices out there for offices of different agents. What I don't understand is how you think you are making the case for your brand by disparaging all agents that are not with your brand. Implying that any agent that is not with your brand is less ambitious does not present well for you or your brand.

Old 08-12-2010, 07:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickAbdella View Post
I think I finally understanding where all your frustration is coming from. KW opened an office in your area in April of this year and it already has more agents in it than yours does (it has 18 - yours has 15). It must be incredibly frustrating for you to try to recruit against that. It must be so frustrating that it doesn't allow you to see things that are there - like the number of KW agents that have gone from pure rookie to top of the class in your area. I truly am sorry your job has become so much more difficult.

Again, I am not saying KW is perfect - far from it. There is no perfect brand, office, broker, agent, etc. The good thing is that there are choices of offices out there for people of different personalities and abilities - and there are choices out there for offices of different agents. What I don't understand is how you think you are making the case for your brand by disparaging all agents that are not with your brand. Implying that any agent that is not with your brand is less ambitious does not present well for you or your brand.
No, I am not recruiting against KW. The new office you speak of is an old C-21 office that was dying. I am not recruiting the same people that would be interested in a KW office.

Please id one rookie to KW super-star in Kentucky!

Can you read? I am not disparaging agents, but rather comparing systems and models. Not one agent has been put down.

Old 08-12-2010, 08:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickAbdella View Post
Just a quick review of your profound discovery. There are only 12 agents in the "new" KW office in LaGrange as listed on the MLS. Of those 12 agents, 4 are blank for the year ending June 30, 2010. The average of the entire office not including the four blanks was a measly $570,000 total production for the year, while our office averaged $2.491 million which is certainly nothing to brag about.

Once again facts verses puffery.

Old 08-12-2010, 08:46 PM

I'm being very sincere Tom, I do feel bad for you. You are obviously having a difficult time recruiting and getting your message across. I can understand your frustration. ReMax is obviously a very successful company and has a lot to offer – so there must be another problem that you are running into. I mean this in the most sincere way imaginable, and I offer this as friendly constructive criticism – is it possible you are coming on too strongly for most people? Like people have been saying over and over, the personality of the broker and feel of the office is very important to most agents. If a possible recruit walks away from an interview with you thinking they would prefer to not work with you then systems and models simply don’t matter at that point. It’s just free advice – so take it for what it’s worth.

Oh, and BTW, you are correct – you have not put down ONE agent – you have put down all agents that are not with your brand when you said “there is a reason top producers find RE/MAX while those of less ambition accept less†– unless you think that having less ambition is a good thing.

Old 08-12-2010, 08:58 PM

Quote:
Just a quick review of your profound discovery. There are only 12 agents in the "new" KW office in LaGrange as listed on the MLS. Of those 12 agents, 4 are blank for the year ending June 30, 2010. The average of the entire office not including the four blanks was a measly $570,000 total production for the year, while our office averaged $2.491 million which is certainly nothing to brag about.

Once again facts verses puffery.
Wow! That must mean they have added 6 agents since the end of June!!! Because there are 18 in the office as of today. They are growing by leaps and bounds!

Since they only opened at the end of April of this year, $570,000 is fairly respectable for two months - I'm sure they would have liked to do more though.

Let's do some math. If you did $2.491 million over a 6 month period that means you average about $415k per month. The new KW office did $570k over two months so that puts them at $285k per month average. It looks like they have some work to do. Should we track this and see how long it takes before they surpass your office?

Old 08-12-2010, 09:36 PM

10,966 posts, read 21,972,507 times
I mean this quite seriously also Tom, but I find you to be very insulting of other agents and companies. Perhaps you aren't doing it on purpose and really don't realize how you come across, but I believe the saying is "Perception is reality". I believe Re/Max is a great brand, but if you keep putting down other companies and insulting agents you will continue have a hard time growing your own company. You catch more flies with honey, though I'm not even sure why I'm trying to help you at this point. Typically, when everyone else is the problem, the problem isn't really everyone else. It's easy to develop a bad reputation and hard to lose it. I'm now also done with this thread but I'll happily keep refuting any misleading comments you make in the future.

Old 08-13-2010, 04:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon Hoffman View Post
I mean this quite seriously also Tom, but I find you to be very insulting of other agents and companies. Perhaps you aren't doing it on purpose and really don't realize how you come across, but I believe the saying is "Perception is reality". I believe Re/Max is a great brand, but if you keep putting down other companies and insulting agents you will continue have a hard time growing your own company. You catch more flies with honey, though I'm not even sure why I'm trying to help you at this point. Typically, when everyone else is the problem, the problem isn't really everyone else. It's easy to develop a bad reputation and hard to lose it. I'm now also done with this thread but I'll happily keep refuting any misleading comments you make in the future.
Thanks, Brandon. I know you mean it. Unfortunately, there are people who can't read, or fail to operate with integrity. Example being the above two posts. One person tries to make an argument about six months when I clearly wrote that the production data was for the year ending, not the year to date. Another wrote that there are 18 agents when yesterday's registry on the local MLS shows only 12. So does that mean that there are six people who have failed to join the MLS, which requires anyone in firm to join the MLS within 30 days of contracting according to the "master" contract signed by the "Principal Broker."

No, Brandon, I have not made one misleading comment, yet it seems that just like in our government, people who don't want to believe facts, do their best to disparage the messenger rather than adopting the truth. It is sad that "spin" becomes truth to so many. I stand fully by every statement, every bit of data quoted, and as in a court of law, can show all the evidence.

If you wish to continue "refuting," I am ok with that, but please provide the evidence, not just uninformed opinion.

Old 08-13-2010, 07:57 AM

This is my last post on this thread too, but I also think it is important to continue to refute your misleading comments.

You said yourself that you were having trouble getting your message across in the very first sentence of this thread.
Quote:
There are many times which I know what I want to say, but struggle to find the correct words to make my point clear.
My comment about you possibly coming on too strongly was sincere.

As for your "facts"
Quote:
One person tries to make an argument about six months when I clearly wrote that the production data was for the year ending, not the year to date.
This is what you wrote
Quote:
There are only 12 agents in the "new" KW office in LaGrange as listed on the MLS. Of those 12 agents, 4 are blank for the year ending June 30, 2010. The average of the entire office not including the four blanks was a measly $570,000 total production for the year, while our office averaged $2.491 million which is certainly nothing to brag about.
I gave you the benefit of the doubt by using 6 months - I certain hope that you did not mean that for the entire year ending June 2010 - your office of 15 agents only did $2.491 million in production! That would mean your average production for each agent in your office would only be $166k per year - that can't be correct. Regardless of your numbers however, you are ignoring the fact that the KW office was only open 2 months before the year ending June 2010 - it is 100% misleading to compare one office that was open for the entire year you are referencing to another office that had only been open for two months. 100% misleading.

Quote:
Another wrote that there are 18 agents when yesterday's registry on the local MLS shows only 12. So does that mean that there are six people who have failed to join the MLS, which requires anyone in firm to join the MLS within 30 days of contracting according to the "master" contract signed by the "Principal Broker."
(BTW, it was the same person). I don't have the exact join dates of the people in that office - they may still be within the 30 day window. The office has only been open since the end of April.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals