Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2007, 10:47 PM

113 posts, read 770,488 times

Advertisements

I would really like to give a gift to my agent for all her help throughout the entire process of buying a house. Any thoughts on what would be nice & appropriate? What are some of the most thoughtful gifts you've ever gotten from a client? It's been a few weeks since we closed and I'm actually embarrassed to have waited so long, but with getting settled (and still trying to get settled), I haven't had any time to put together a gift until now. Do you think it's better late than never, or is it too late now? Thanks for your thoughts
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2007, 05:33 AM

2,249 posts, read 8,894,758 times
What a wonderful thought. It's not too late. The best 'gift' you can give your agent is a fantastic testimonal (which she can post on her website or have in her office) and a couple of names in your sphere of influence (neighbors, friends, relatives, coworkers) that might benefit from her services.

Old 06-22-2007, 06:38 AM

1,261 posts, read 6,103,628 times
I hope it's better late than never because I'm a month late on the letter Seriously, I thought our agent was outstanding so we sent her a gardenia plant (she loves plants!) and a letter to her supervisor (copy to her) about how pleased we were with her services.

Old 06-22-2007, 06:45 AM

19,968 posts, read 30,200,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luckyduck View Post
I would really like to give a gift to my agent for all her help throughout the entire process of buying a house. Any thoughts on what would be nice & appropriate? What are some of the most thoughtful gifts you've ever gotten from a client? It's been a few weeks since we closed and I'm actually embarrassed to have waited so long, but with getting settled (and still trying to get settled), I haven't had any time to put together a gift until now. Do you think it's better late than never, or is it too late now? Thanks for your thoughts
lucky, write a thank you letter, that your broker can use as a testimonial, for his/her advertising, and a copy could also go to the owner of the real estate company he works for.

restaurant gift certificates are always great,

Old 06-22-2007, 10:26 AM

376 posts, read 1,505,425 times
Awesome! My best gift from a client truly was the letter they wrote and the ongoing recommendations they send me. They placed the letter in a frame and had it delivered which really surprised me. Out of that I have built some great friendships.

Old 06-22-2007, 01:51 PM

2,124 posts, read 8,839,562 times
Definately the letter and recommend her/him to all your friends, co-workers, etc. I also received a starbucks gift card, because I am an addict and whenever we went looking I would buy us a starbucks! I loved it.

Shelly
p.s. I also have a drawing from a clients child of her family in front of their new home, and she wrote thank you for helping us find our new home. It hangs in my office next to my awards and is cherished more than the awards and certificates!!

Old 06-22-2007, 04:29 PM

10,176 posts, read 11,159,885 times
I'm in the process of sending my agent a gift. She was so helpful with this house purchase and over exceeded her duties. I feel, I owe her something.
She even calls once in awhile to ask if there's anything we need...

So, for those who think agents aren't helpful, there are some excellent ones.

Old 06-22-2007, 05:30 PM

11,825 posts, read 34,420,440 times
A testimonial and a referral are the best gifts an agent/broker can get

Thanks for thinking of doing this for her.

Old 06-22-2007, 06:57 PM

612 posts, read 2,777,796 times
Wow, after I bought my last house, I received a huge gift certificate from the realtor.

Of course, we recommended someone to him from Florida and they just closed on a house with him also so it worked out.

Old 06-23-2007, 04:27 PM

113 posts, read 770,488 times
Our realtor took us out for ice cream after the closing, and gave us a hug to congratulate us! She was beyond sweet and was highly attentive to our concerns during the process. Hence, very deserving of a gift. Unfortunately, I have not had any time to think of a gift... I also didn't want to just send an e-mail of thanks.

The child's drawing sounds cute. My daughter still asks about our agent by first name, I guess she associates our house with the agent. Perhaps she can draw a picture of the house with us in it

I'm not sure what gift certificate she would like, but I will definitely write a glowing testimonial. Plus, I was thinking of getting a little trinket (like a keychain or a paper weight) engraved with her name. There's a place at the mall that has a wide variety of these things and that was what stuck out to me as a nice gift.

Okay, anything over that might be going overboard now! I'm glad I didn't go with flowers... no one here suggested that!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals