Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-25-2007, 12:15 PM

200 posts, read 878,040 times

Advertisements

I just would like to know who is responsible for making sure the descriptive flyers are actually in those boxes/tubes that are with the realtor's sale signs in front of houses for sale. Is it the homeowner that is supposed to be checking up on it or the agent? I kid you not when I tell you that every single time my husband and I stop to grab one from the box/tube they are ALWAYS, ALWAYS empty. I would be seriously pissed if it's the agents duty. I am not paying someone $20,000 or more to not be on the ball. We work hard for our $ and are not giving someone that kind of $ for nothing. Every little detail counts to us. We have our home FSBO just for that reason. We want to sell our home and we make sure those flyers are filled to the fullest in the tube. We drove all over our area and every real estate box we came across was EMPTY. We drove around the area we are moving to and we encountered the same thing. I just can't believe it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2007, 12:51 PM

107 posts, read 690,000 times
we have done it our selves. we are here everyday, the realtor is not. we just would refill it with flyers she gave us

Old 06-25-2007, 03:50 PM

11 posts, read 56,930 times
The homeowner is at their home everyday, it is up to the homeowner to alert the agent if the flyers are running low. When you fill a flyer box, only so many flyers will fit. Sometimes they will last a few days and other times they will last a few months! Also, you never want to overstuff it as some people tend to leave the flyer box open and when it rains, it ruins all of the flyers. We do drive by our properties, however not daily,this is a team effort. Best of luck with your sale.

Old 06-25-2007, 04:07 PM

2,124 posts, read 8,842,785 times
flyers, do they work or not?

First, to answer your question, I believe it is the agents responsibility, however we will leave many extras with the home owner and ask them to let us know if they are getting low. The reason... you would not believe what folks do with flyers!! They open the box, and take all of them, they let them fly out onto the street and make a mess, they leave the box open to get rain soaked, and vandals love to come up and take them (along with signs).

Second, do they work? I have used them and not used them. Sometimes, I really don't like them (although I love to give us much information as possible). If they aren't there, I can get more phone calls from the buyers and create a relationship with them and see if we can't work something out to get them into the house to see it. Instead of just pulling the flyer, seeing the price and thinking.. oh I can't do that.

finally,

Old 06-25-2007, 09:29 PM

143 posts, read 871,225 times
usually realtor does, or gives the homeowner enough to replenish if it is too frequent.

Old 06-26-2007, 01:02 AM

166 posts, read 856,025 times
I find the 800# service I use to be much more effective than flyers. You have no idea who picked up a flyer. I know exactly who called for information.
I have sign riders on the top of my signs with the 800# and a code for that property. If someone is interested, they can call 24/7 to hear recorded information. I am notified of who called, when, which property and their phone#. In theory (according to the 800# company of course), I should call to see if they want more information, but I'm not a pushy person so rarely do. Most interested people listen, then, if there is any interest, call me directly for more info. I do however keep a list and call to let them know if something has changed about the property or if there is an open house scheduled. With flyers - you don't know who picked them up, if one person took a whole handful, or....who knows. I also use this #/code in my print advertising. Has been much more effective for me and my clients than trying to keep a brochure box full.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals