Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-01-2010, 01:37 PM

1,844 posts, read 3,937,716 times

Advertisements

Wow, I am so happy for you! Like you, after painting, recarpeting, fixing everything, and staging, I listed my house last Tuesday. The MLS went live Tuesday night and it specifies "excellent condition". A couple of realtors from the RE office came through on Wednesday and a buyer and realtor were supposed to come on Thursday (but the buyer didn't show up so my realtor and theirs just waited).

So far not one buyer has set foot in my home. And this was at what my (very good, experienced, active) realtor considers to be a low price after reviewing the comps and more. He assures me that my house will be relatively easy to sell compared with most, because it is in a desirable location and will show well. He is arranging to put it on the local "Real Estate Hour" Sunday morning TV show, and he is arranging an open house. So I think he is working at this pretty hard.

I think this is going to be a very long haul in my local real estate market. Oh well. At least I can enjoy the new paint and new carpet while I wait. LOL

Sorry for the off-topic post but I thought it was just amazing that we listed at almost the same moment and yours already has a full price offer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2010, 04:50 PM

4,490 posts, read 3,925,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by firepilot View Post
Hey everyone thanks again for all the advice. So we listed the house Tuesday afternoon for $315,000. The MLS went live Tuesday evening after all the photos ect were done. I spent 35-40 hours detailing the house, followed the advice the provided staging consultant gave. We had the RE office walk through on Wed morning. Had 2 showings this morning (Thursday) and a full price offer by noon.

Sometimes things just fall into place I suppose! Papers are all signed and next is the inspection. The RE we hired ran comparable solds just out, and getting it appraised should work out fine.

We have to rent a place for 6 months before the big move however in this day and age we accept it as a high quality problem.

Phil
Congratulations and Thank You SO MUCH for not complaining that your house sold so quickly that your agent obviously cheated you. LOL. I just hate that. You did everything right and got a good result. Good for you!

Mike

Old 11-04-2010, 06:46 PM

22 posts, read 60,806 times
Default Still not over yet

Thanks Mike,

Realtor gave me directions and I followed them. Now we are in contact more than when the house was on the market. Home inspections, appraisals, title company ect. Yesterday I had a call from a agent who happens to be selling a short sale next door. The agent called me direct to "preview" the house. I forwarded the voice mail to my agent and she screened it out. He wanted to see the competition, and he cancelled when he found out it was pending.

I believe everything is meant to be. We found our "golden BB" as it were. The buyers looked at a house down the street this summer. It was a short sale and took so long they walked. It is nice to see it all work out. We get to go, and a nice family will be in out house.

Phil
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals