Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-20-2010, 12:04 PM

355 posts, read 1,479,168 times

Advertisements

We interviewed a particular listing agent that was thorough in their research and presentation. Unfortunately, we've decided to go with another listing agent instead, and wanted to notify the other listing agent and let him down as gently as possible, because we don't want hard feelings and in fact would definitely consider using him in the future.

Any thoughts on what to say would be greatly appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2010, 12:39 PM

28,455 posts, read 85,346,203 times
This is easy. You simply send a note: "Thanks for your time. We appreciated the efforts you demonstrated into potentially marketing our property but have decided to list our property with Suzy Seller at XYZ Houses. Should a need for your services come up in the future we would be happy to again interview you. Much thanks."

Sure beats the heck out of sitting in front of your computer scrolling through new listing and finding out the place that you we talking up to potential buyers is now XYZ's featured listing...

Old 05-20-2010, 12:48 PM

20,958 posts, read 45,390,208 times
How considerate of you! I agree with Chet - simply informing them that you've decided to go with someone else but that you would consider them in future is MUCH better than we usually get!

Old 05-20-2010, 01:23 PM

355 posts, read 1,479,168 times
Thanks guys, especially Chet. This agent was great, no doubt about it...but the one we chose, just had a little bit more particularly in terms of marketing and selling these specific types of properties and asked the right questions. No way would I want to blow off the agent who isn't getting the listing, though. You never know when or where you might need him in the future.

Old 05-23-2010, 08:24 PM

982 posts, read 3,486,327 times
Aww, how considerate of you, I enjoyed reading your post. Rejection is part of the business....it sucks, but we can take it! I think you should call the agent, thank him for his time and awesome presentation, but let him know that after much thought you decided to go with someone else. You don't have to explain why you went someone else. I wouldn't say anything about using him in the future either...he'll find that out when you call him. And I seriously doubt that if you call him in the future, he'll turn you down because you didn't use him. It actually makes me feel 'kinda special when someone who rejected me in the past calls me later on down the road to hire me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delron View Post
We interviewed a particular listing agent that was thorough in their research and presentation. Unfortunately, we've decided to go with another listing agent instead, and wanted to notify the other listing agent and let him down as gently as possible, because we don't want hard feelings and in fact would definitely consider using him in the future.

Any thoughts on what to say would be greatly appreciated.

Old 05-24-2010, 12:23 AM

3,199 posts, read 13,392,991 times
Very considerate and thoughtful of you. What goes around comes around, and in your case, I think lots of nice things probably come your way. Good luck.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals