Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-27-2010, 03:23 PM

10,966 posts, read 21,970,243 times

Advertisements

Joking or not, I also hate that particular phrase about buyers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2010, 09:32 PM

9,053 posts, read 17,190,508 times
I hate that phrase, too. I don't think they are lying - more like they have to go through a few houses to get a firm grip on what they DO want and what are the priorities.

Old 11-29-2010, 01:42 PM

896 posts, read 1,475,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapture View Post
It was nothing planned, it was someone she met at her resort the night before that wanted to help at that particular development. This happens here all the time, the area is crawling with Realtors, cant go anywhere without meeting one.
Every area is crawling with realtors. I personally know 29 that live within a few miles of my home.

I stand by my prior post. You have a massive supply and demand problem here.

Old 11-29-2010, 08:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HonestOne1 View Post
Every area is crawling with realtors. I personally know 29 that live within a few miles of my home.

I stand by my prior post. You have a massive supply and demand problem here.
I think we can all agree that the industry would be better without the hobbyist and part timers.

Old 11-30-2010, 12:59 PM

85 posts, read 217,419 times
The Internet is slowly replacing the need for a buyer's rep. Your story is just the price of playing poker. If you want to get clients, you have do a little bit of work up front to earn their business. Why should they use you, just because?? Those agents that do a little extra and show their worth MAY get hired as a buyer's rep. Those that just sit back and cruise will become extinct.

Who wouldn't want a job where you get 3% commission on a sale and only work 100% of the time for clients that are 100% sure to close?

You guys (and gals) lived high on the hog for the past 10-15 years during the credit bubble; now you are complaining because you actually have to work for a living. Cry me a river...

Old 11-30-2010, 01:19 PM

4,343 posts, read 14,772,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by longhornswin View Post
The Internet is slowly replacing the need for a buyer's rep. Your story is just the price of playing poker. If you want to get clients, you have do a little bit of work up front to earn their business. Why should they use you, just because?? Those agents that do a little extra and show their worth MAY get hired as a buyer's rep. Those that just sit back and cruise will become extinct.

Who wouldn't want a job where you get 3% commission on a sale and only work 100% of the time for clients that are 100% sure to close?

You guys (and gals) lived high on the hog for the past 10-15 years during the credit bubble; now you are complaining because you actually have to work for a living. Cry me a river...

Obviously you didn't read everything in my posts. I did already do work for these people and proved myself. I guess you work for free and expect nothing? You must love your job.

We don't get 3% and they don't close 100% of the time, educate yourself. With all the short sales now, we sometimes don't even get paid or get a reduce pay for doing even more work.

Let's see, I started in 2007 and so far the last three yrs made less than I made when I was a teenager 30 yrs ago but worked harder. The average Realtor makes $27,000 a year so who is living high on the hog? The only reason I stick with it is I've already put a lot of work into it and money. Plus, there are no jobs at all near me so I keep trying at something I feel will eventually allow me a living, not a great living but enough to pay my bills. The average house in my area only sells for around $150,000, you do the math. In the meantime all I ask is for honesty and respect in return. I'm a horrible person.

Old 12-01-2010, 08:30 AM

896 posts, read 1,475,897 times
Quote:

+1.

Dam accurate post.

Old 12-01-2010, 08:49 AM

20,958 posts, read 45,380,737 times
Quote:

This shows a serious ignorance about the way real estate works, and, for that matter, what a buyer's rep actually does (and a certain amount of bitterness, too, I note). Finding the house is the tip of the iceberg (though I've found houses for clients who were very internet savvy but somehow didn't realize that (a) what you see is NOT necessarily what you get when it comes to the internet and (b) there are houses that are not on the MLS, heck, aren't even listed yet, that I've found for very particular clients who couldn't find what they wanted on the market).

Once the house is found, then the real work begins, and you can't do any of it on the internet.

Old 12-01-2010, 03:27 PM

Well at least 2 people on this board are quite clueless about real estate.

Old 12-02-2010, 02:13 PM

374 posts, read 1,181,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapture View Post
Obviously you didn't read everything in my posts. I did already do work for these people and proved myself. I guess you work for free and expect nothing? You must love your job.

We don't get 3% and they don't close 100% of the time, educate yourself. With all the short sales now, we sometimes don't even get paid or get a reduce pay for doing even more work.

Let's see, I started in 2007 and so far the last three yrs made less than I made when I was a teenager 30 yrs ago but worked harder. The average Realtor makes $27,000 a year so who is living high on the hog? The only reason I stick with it is I've already put a lot of work into it and money. Plus, there are no jobs at all near me so I keep trying at something I feel will eventually allow me a living, not a great living but enough to pay my bills. The average house in my area only sells for around $150,000, you do the math. In the meantime all I ask is for honesty and respect in return. I'm a horrible person.
Just curious is the average Realtor making $27,000 include all of the part time/hobby Realtor's or is that for just full time?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals