Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-13-2007, 10:49 AM

12,475 posts, read 32,241,694 times

Advertisements

See? This is what makes me mad!!!

I agree with Stu and I agree with Mike and I agree with StillLookingToo.

Since you have a buyer's agent...I'm hoping that she got you some type of incentive as John is wrong by saying that the builder would have given you more money off if you didn't have an agent. Wrong on so many counts but I'm not going to get on that soapbox right now.

Keep in mind...the agreement you are signing has FILL IN THE BLANKS. Anything FILL IN THE BLANK is negotiable.

Instead of venting to us...

Talk to your agent. You seem dis satisfied that she hasn't been alot of help to you...you should have excused yourself from the relationship THEN. Ok...forget what you SHOULD have done.

TALK TO YOUR AGENT! Explain what you are unhappy with and understand that you do not have to sign anything with her. If you buy the house in that neighborhood now, the builder will pay her commission. I see no reason for you to pay her a $150 fee on top of that.

Mike, am I out of line saying that? I have to have Mike keep me out of Realtor prison as I tend to say what I think and have to remind myself that I am an agent and am not permitted to say bad things about other agents!

Vicki
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2007, 11:03 AM

43,279 posts, read 77,092,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VickiR View Post
See? This is what makes me mad!!!

I agree with Stu and I agree with Mike and I agree with StillLookingToo.

Since you have a buyer's agent...I'm hoping that she got you some type of incentive as John is wrong by saying that the builder would have given you more money off if you didn't have an agent. Wrong on so many counts but I'm not going to get on that soapbox right now.

Keep in mind...the agreement you are signing has FILL IN THE BLANKS. Anything FILL IN THE BLANK is negotiable.

Instead of venting to us...

Talk to your agent. You seem dis satisfied that she hasn't been alot of help to you...you should have excused yourself from the relationship THEN. Ok...forget what you SHOULD have done.

TALK TO YOUR AGENT! Explain what you are unhappy with and understand that you do not have to sign anything with her. If you buy the house in that neighborhood now, the builder will pay her commission. I see no reason for you to pay her a $150 fee on top of that.

Mike, am I out of line saying that? I have to have Mike keep me out of Realtor prison as I tend to say what I think and have to remind myself that I am an agent and am not permitted to say bad things about other agents!

Vicki
Hi, Vicki!

I think you are NEVER (and you know how we hate absolutes ) wrong to say, "TALK TO YOUR AGENT!
Beyond that.... I had a response put together and deleted it, because I couldn't figure out if I was messing with an agent-client relationship.
FWIW, I also agree with STL, STU, ME, and YOU.
BTW...If you don't know Stu, he is a rock-solid real estate agent, and a good guy...

Old 07-13-2007, 01:12 PM

2,825 posts, read 6,925,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillLookingToo View Post
What's in it? Is it a standard form or vary between different realtors? Had one shown to me today, the day the builder presented me with a sales contract. The realtor wanted a $150 paperwork fee but also in the case of my defaulting on the home purchase agreement I would agree to pay the realtor her commisions due (as well as losing any non refundable deposit I paid and being subject to additional damages by the builder). I always thought the sellers paid the commision. In this particular instance I found the development & home on my own, I did the contract with the builder (the realtor wasn't available) but have yet to sign. She didn't even see the lot or builder's salespeople until I've been working with them for 3 weeks. Now I've been with this realtor for some time and this is the first I've seen the agency agreement. When I said I didn't see why I would want to agree to this, she accussed me of reneging on the agreement (yes, the one I never saw much less agreed to) and said if I refused to sign she threatened that she would automatically become an agent for the seller (builder) and would have to disclose any and all of the priviledged and confidential discussions we have had regarding the purchase I feel betrayed by someone put in a position of trust.
I can only tell you what was in the agent agreement with my agent. She had us sign it the first day that we went out looking at houses with her, though we had been corresponding by email lots before that. It said that if we bought a house that she showed us that she would get the commission. However, if we bought a different house, we had no obligation to her. This whole paperwork fee and you paying her even if you don't buy the house for some reason - that's not in there.

Besides that, it sounds like you have a lack of communication problem with your agent and you don't think she's giving you the time you deserve. I understand that it's hard to just talk to her about it, because I have a hard time talking to my agent about the same kind of stuff, but that's still the advice I have to give. But it sounds to me like she is not treating you right, especially considering the amount of money she is about to make from doing not a lot for you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals