Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-30-2010, 08:43 PM

2 posts, read 4,579 times

Advertisements

My husband and I have currently sold our condo and it is set to close on Feb 7th. It is out of attorney review, the home inspection has been completed and the buyers mortgage assessment is done. We are just waiting to close at this point. My husband and I have placed a bid on a house that we would like to close on Feb 8th. We are now in attorney review and the seller( a contracter/ flipper) wants to contine to show the place and accept bids up until our condo has closed. Is this normal? My worry is that a week before we are set to close someone will out bid us and we wont have a place to move into. What are your thoughts on this matter? All opinions are welcome! ps. we are buying and selling in nj.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2010, 09:01 PM

10,965 posts, read 21,980,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maiday View Post
My husband and I have currently sold our condo and it is set to close on Feb 7th. It is out of attorney review, the home inspection has been completed and the buyers mortgage assessment is done. We are just waiting to close at this point. My husband and I have placed a bid on a house that we would like to close on Feb 8th. We are now in attorney review and the seller( a contracter/ flipper) wants to contine to show the place and accept bids up until our condo has closed. Is this normal? My worry is that a week before we are set to close someone will out bid us and we wont have a place to move into. What are your thoughts on this matter? All opinions are welcome! ps. we are buying and selling in nj.
You could tell him no and put the pressure on him to risk losing a buyer. Of course then he could tell you no and you may not get the condo. Good luck.

Old 12-31-2010, 06:36 AM

5,662 posts, read 10,740,370 times
I don't know how NJ works but I would guess that it is possible (thru an addendum to your contract) for you and the seller to agree that he can take backup offers that are subject to the termination of your contract. He may get an offer for more money but he will still be obligated to close with you. Of course, that doesn't stop him from finding some way out of your contract but you would have that possibility in either case.

Old 12-31-2010, 11:54 AM

17,573 posts, read 46,137,120 times
Do you have a sale contingency in your purchase offer?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals