Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-19-2011, 07:14 PM

468 posts, read 1,378,610 times

Advertisements

I'd say some of it depends on what kind of deal they've got going with their own listing - if they bring their own buyer to their own listing and get the entire, full commission, that's pretty enticing.

If, like many, they'd like to keep their listing on the market and help them find their buyer a different home, then they very well may be interested in your home.

Even if it were for 'comparison' purposes, you never know if that buyer will change their mind, or if they know someone else that they think might be interested in, or even if that agent might have another potential buyer for it.

I sympathise with having to 'live staged' but it helps to get to that end results - SOLD!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2011, 02:18 PM

34 posts, read 81,198 times
It really is tough to screen agents that are comparing properties or bringing buyers through. Ask your agent for at least some notice. Remember you want to sell it. You should have an offer in 30 to 40 days. If you don't then look at the numbers with your agent again. I live in Pittsburgh and our Market is on fire right now.

Old 04-22-2011, 08:03 AM

4,399 posts, read 10,664,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BadgerGrl View Post
Ok guys, another question...we have had a few showings this spring by realtors who then have their own new listing in our neighborhood a few days after the showing of our house. Am I being paranoid, or are they using our house as a comparison for their own listing? I realize that real estate is all about the market and comparisons, but I think it would be very rude to waste my time in getting the house ready for a showing that would never even have the chance of a sale. Just look at the photos and information that's online about my house, don't waste my time and get my hopes up about a showing that is only to benefit a competing listing. Please tell me I'm imagining this.
Do you have an agent? If you don't ask them is this for a potential buyer or not. Your agent should be asking these questions. They may or may not answer honestly. If they do refuse them if you wish.

Edit: Even if the client is a buyer who the agent is bringing to compare this house to a different one(maybe their listing), its probably worth it to show it to them. However if it is a seller you might want to refuse depending on if they are a potential buyer for your house or not.

Old 04-23-2011, 11:10 AM

18 posts, read 51,851 times
You can't drag your sellers through the SOLD properties, however if you have viewed them other clients and always pull up the listings on the MLS and go over them. On occassion if you have to drag them through a knot hole call the new owner of a previously sold property to take them through so you can break those rose colored glasses. And a new owner would more than likely be willing to say yes and show off their new home. I know I would.

Then again we have all seen the TV shows where sellers are touring homes that sold for less than their asking price and still won't budge on the price of their home. So then as their agent you just do the best you can to market and sell the home until reality hits home for them and they agree.

It is a brutal market for sellers, however I am seeing more of a balance where we are...buyers are not getting the "moon and stars" deals, un realistic offers are getting countered back at list price or a little below and sellers and banks aren't taking the schlacking they were a year or so ago. This is good news for sellers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals