Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-11-2011, 05:41 PM

6 posts, read 7,232 times

Advertisements

I am currently looking for an investment property (residential homes) in Kansas city, MO and/or Memphis, TN.

I have tried researching specific areas in each city so that I could narrow down the areas which would be great to invest in (from forums here actually).

However, I am a foreigner and so I cannot go check for myself at this moment to verify these areas (I will be going sometime soon but my time is limited and I want to maximize my time as much as possible).

So for example, when it comes to kansas city, accdg. to peoples opinions, these are the areas which have a fairly good reputation:

Johnson county suburbs, (overland park, mission hills, fairway, etc.), Lee's summit, Blue springs, Plaza area (the one near UMKC?), Roanoke neighborhood, North Kansas City, and Liberty.

In kansas city in general, I was told to avoid: Troost, independence, paseo, and prospect.

And for Memphis, my research has led me to these areas: Germantown, Collierville, East Memphis, Cordova, Central Gardens, Evergreen.

I was told to avoid these areas (in general): Hickory Hill, Quince, Orange mound, Oakhaven, Whitehaven, Frayser and Raleigh (conflicting opinions for Raleigh)

I would greatly appreciate any feedback from these areas! Specific streets would be really great info to have right now.

But my problem now is actually finding a good real estate broker/property manager that has good experience in their field. I've tried searching for it online but I would rather ask those who have more knowledge in this area than I (that's you guys ).

Thank you very much for your help!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2011, 01:52 PM

700 posts, read 1,646,710 times
Try this guy. Was really helpful with our looking for a home a couple of years ago. Although the company that my wife works for reversed the relocation. He was very help in knowing the areas in and around Kansas City. If he can not help you maybe he can bird dog someone for you. Jonathan Key office 336-231-8247
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals