Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2011, 10:27 AM

41 posts, read 96,931 times

Advertisements

nobody had told me the curtain were damaged.
Do you guys really believe what they said about the "damaged" curtain???

During the showing and inspection and final walk through, i had taken many pics of the curtain, so I know exactly what the curtain looks like. They are not damaged and in perfect condition.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2011, 10:36 AM

15,578 posts, read 40,434,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaare View Post
nobody had told me the curtain were damaged.
Do you guys really believe what they said about the "damaged" curtain???

During the showing and inspection and final walk through, i had taken many pics of the curtain, so I know exactly what the curtain looks like. They are not damaged and in perfect condition.

People hide stuff all the time. I think it is very possible they were damaged. Taking pictures of curtains from 10 feet away doesn't mean anything. Did you walk up to the curtains and move them on the rod?

Old 08-13-2011, 10:50 AM

41 posts, read 96,931 times
why i take pics 10 feet away?
i have touched the curtain many times because i love it.
why the seller steal it? because they love it too.

Old 08-13-2011, 01:37 PM

1,168 posts, read 2,504,281 times
How specific were you in your addendum? Was it written to say that curtian rods and curtians will convey with home or was it written as red curtians with existing curtian rods will convey with home?

One way you just get rods and curtians. The other way you get the red cutrians that were there.

Again, I don't see the issue. The sellers have agreed to give you the red ones back. Thats what you wanted. You're getting EXACTLY what you asked for. Stop complaining.

Old 08-13-2011, 05:02 PM

15,578 posts, read 40,434,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaare View Post
why i take pics 10 feet away?
i have touched the curtain many times because i love it.
why the seller steal it? because they love it too.

Touching them isn't the same as moving them. They said in the email that the curtains were jury-rigged onto the rod. Unless you were moving them across the rod to make sure they were working properly you are arguing about damaged curtains. If you love them so much that you want to jury-rig them yourself, they are willing to give them back to you.

I don't understand the issue. They had damaged curtains. You asked for them. They thought they were doing you a favor by getting new ones that worked. You hate the new ones. They are willing to return the damaged ones to you. Take the old damaged ones, rig them up, and move on. I think you are being overly paranoid.

Old 08-13-2011, 05:15 PM

3,113 posts, read 8,379,755 times
They offered to bring them back to you - even though they're damaged - so what is the problem? Just say thank you very much and take them up on the offer.

Old 08-15-2011, 11:22 AM

64 posts, read 195,548 times
If you think they are lying about the curtain because they wanted to keep it themselves, then call them on it. Ask for the curtain to be returned (like they said they would do). Although I guess that runs the risk of them deliberately damaging the curtain to get back at you. If the damage is something that should've been obvious in your pictures, then maybe you can prove damage was done later. But what good does that do you unless....

How/when did they manage to swap the curtains after the final inspection? Did you have a rent-back agreement? If so, then hopefully you got a security deposit. You could take from that the cost of the curtains, perhaps.

Anyways...I'd start by taking them up on the offer to return the curtain and see what happens.

Old 08-15-2011, 11:56 AM

143 posts, read 431,547 times
Tell your agent you want the red curtains back and that you will give the sellers the gold curtains back, in exchange. Rehang them in the living room and see what is wrong with them. If they just wanted the curtains and have ruined them 'just to get back to you', it will likely be quite obvious. They are very unlikely to take the time to figure out how to hide the problem once the drapery is hung.

When they, or their agent, return the curtains to you ask them how they were jury rigged to hide the damage. Again, if they did it on purpose they won't be able to hide the it as it was before.

Lastly, take them to small claims court. Get the price of the fabric and a bid from a drapery-maker and sue them for that. Then have the draperies custom made. You will have before and after photos to show the court.

Old 08-20-2011, 03:35 PM

14,492 posts, read 26,594,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lawmom View Post
Then ask for them back -- what's the issue? If you prefer broken drapes to new ones of a different color, go for it.
lol. agree. You cant sue for a 40.00 curtain, unless you want to pay a PI atty 10k for a retainer. kind of nonsensical.

Old 08-20-2011, 09:54 PM

3,720 posts, read 9,999,504 times
You can't assume it's $40. Custom window treatments can go from $1000 and up. Not sure if this is the case here, but I would take the offer to return the red curtains for the gold one and hire someone to repair the damage.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals