Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-25-2011, 07:47 AM

6,727 posts, read 9,948,595 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD4020 View Post
I am willing to venture a guess that the police have been called, they conducted an investigation and concluded that it was any of the following in any combination 1. unfounded. 2. a civil issue that involved two neighbors who don't get along. 3. the report was false. 4. the police gave advise to follow and the op refused their direction. 5. not enough evidence to prove the assumtions of the OP. 6. OP needs to petition the court for a protectin order and hasn't, won't, or the judge will not issue one based on totality of the situation.
If we're voting, that's mine. It doesn't matter what thread the OP starts - she asks plaintively for advice and then proceeds to reject every suggestion as having already been done, or not doable because the respondent doesn't understand her situation. The whole thread then degenerates into nothing.

People in your yard? Maybe you need to make sufficient noise - i.e. play very loud music over loudspeakers at glass-shattering volume - maybe opera or heavy metal. Play it loud enough so that your other neighbors, not the trespassers, call the police and report you. When they get there, show them the interlopers sitting around your pool.
You're not going to jail for playing loud music. The police will simply tell you to turn it down. But the point is to get their attention for your own problem.

Old 10-25-2011, 08:52 AM

17,914 posts, read 43,401,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mistygrl092 View Post
Your interpretation, not mine. What I think for sure is I have a stripped palm on one side. But it is kind of hard not to notice the man in the moon there.
Exactly what we are supposed to be seeing and where (in terms of a person in the picture, not the vegetation)? I've got pretty fine corrected vision, but it's not as obvious to me as it apparently is to you.

Your "therapist" is likely operating beyond her professional ethical code in letting you stay at her house, but if she is a licensed counselor or psychologist, and believes what you are telling her (have you shown her the "daytime" pictures you won't post here?) she should be interceding on your behalf with the police.

Old 10-25-2011, 08:59 AM

8,046 posts, read 28,469,020 times
Your neighbors are in your yard every night, and the best example of a photo you have is a strange shadow behind a plant? Which, incidentally, I don't see...all I see is a plant. Show us a photo you have of them escaping back over the fence when the police arrive and I'll take this more seriously. If they are there so very often, you must have a photo that actually shows them. Show us the photo that "convinced" your therapist.

Old 10-25-2011, 09:16 AM

27,957 posts, read 39,764,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by observer53 View Post
Exactly what we are supposed to be seeing and where (in terms of a person in the picture, not the vegetation)? I've got pretty fine corrected vision, but it's not as obvious to me as it apparently is to you.

Your "therapist" is likely operating beyond her professional ethical code in letting you stay at her house, but if she is a licensed counselor or psychologist, and believes what you are telling her (have you shown her the "daytime" pictures you won't post here?) she should be interceding on your behalf with the police.
That is correct. The picture as entered as evidence is no proof. None at all.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lacerta View Post
Your neighbors are in your yard every night, and the best example of a photo you have is a strange shadow behind a plant? Which, incidentally, I don't see...all I see is a plant. Show us a photo you have of them escaping back over the fence when the police arrive and I'll take this more seriously. If they are there so very often, you must have a photo that actually shows them. Show us the photo that "convinced" your therapist.
If the picture if proof. It supports the conclusion that this is unfounded. That grainy picture proves nothing. Nothing at all.

Old 10-25-2011, 11:05 AM

8,954 posts, read 4,270,215 times
I'm sorry, this thread has nothing to do with real estate, much less the professionals' forum. Please repost in Other Topics, perhaps?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals