U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-29-2007, 10:55 AM

1,177 posts, read 3,923,079 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Bill View Post
I'll buy that for condo's because of the maintenance of the outside of the property.

For single family homes it's one rate because the fee is for the maintenance of the common areas and not for the exterior of the livable private units as it is in a condo.

Bill
Bill, we've got a large development here with both townhomes and single family residences and the fee is based on the size of the structure. Different houses have different fees, based on the same rate though. I'm not trying to justify it, just saying that it exists.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2007, 12:39 PM

6,069 posts, read 13,921,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbone View Post
Bill, we've got a large development here with both townhomes and single family residences and the fee is based on the size of the structure. Different houses have different fees, based on the same rate though. I'm not trying to justify it, just saying that it exists.
I believe you; I just haven't seen it in single family homes, so I'm glad you're pointing it out.

In your development does the association do any maintenance for the single family homes, such as front yard maintenance? I'm wondering why there would be a difference based on structure size if the maintenance is only for common areas, club houses, etc.

Bill

Old 12-29-2007, 01:25 PM

15,756 posts, read 35,653,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Bill View Post
I believe you; I just haven't seen it in single family homes, so I'm glad you're pointing it out.

In your development does the association do any maintenance for the single family homes, such as front yard maintenance? I'm wondering why there would be a difference based on structure size if the maintenance is only for common areas, club houses, etc.

Bill
This has the famous old answer. Read the docs. The CC&Rs provide the information. We know of both. And there are places with multiple HOAs. In much of Sumerlin in Las Vegas there is a Summerlin fee and a local HOA fee...and SIDs...yet another way of sucking out dollars. Need to add them all to determine what the place really costs.

Mostly the RE Agents that work a development regularly know the drill. We have copies of a number of CC&Rs for communities we work regularly. We don't give them to clients though we do on occassion lend them out. The State Regulations require that the doc package be up to date...this is hard unless you get a fresh package from the Association.

Old 12-29-2007, 01:48 PM

1,920 posts, read 2,507,418 times
Default Realtor.com should I be troubled that my realtor did not list me on it?

My Realtor has informed me that Realtor.com is pretty much a waste of time. Im not so sure about that. For you agents out there, do your realtor.com listings get a lot of successful hits? I think he is full of crap. What do you think?

Old 12-29-2007, 03:59 PM

6,069 posts, read 13,921,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sberdrow View Post
My Realtor has informed me that Realtor.com is pretty much a waste of time. Im not so sure about that. For you agents out there, do your realtor.com listings get a lot of successful hits? I think he is full of crap. What do you think?
Realtor.com is the most searched real estate site followed by another one (I forgot which) and Remax.com is third.

Homes that are on the MLS automatically go on Realtor.com within 48 hours, but with limited photos and text. The realtor can pay extra money to have enhanced listings with more photos and more text, and pay extra for showcase listings, and the list goes on and on.

Bill
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals