Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-05-2014, 12:57 PM

4,451 posts, read 6,799,364 times

Advertisements

In Los Angles CA, Highland Park. I have two Condos that I want to sell, both are in the same 150 unit complex. One is actually above the other one, same floor place, very similar condition, except one has high ceiling and a fireplace. When I was younger, I was secretly going to install a pull down attic ladder, but that is all besides the point.

My question is, does it make sense to use two different listing agents at different brokers? If I list both with one agent would they actually double their "Marketing" effort and money spent for marketing with ads, time,flyer open house, etc. or would they just reduce their fees since there won't be additional marketing for the second unit?

There are 4 active 2 pending, the highest priced/longest listed 300+ DOM for sale unit is owned and listed by a RE agent or professional. I don't consider him really trying to sell. Anyone that would consider buying one of my units would have probably already seen or considered one of these other units. Do I offer higher selling agent fees so they can have their buyers check out the view from my unit, which in my opinion is more interesting then looking in at the courtyard?

So one agent and give more to the selling agents or use two different brokers with standard fees?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2014, 01:26 PM

11,826 posts, read 34,433,423 times
I would interview at lease 3 and hire the best one. Why double your time invested speaking with two agents?

One scenario is to list the higher priced one first and when it closes for a good price, put the lower one on the market. If you get a low ball offer for the higher one, maybe you can flip them to the lower unit?

Old 05-05-2014, 05:58 PM

4,451 posts, read 6,799,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2bindenver View Post
I would interview at lease 3 and hire the best one. Why double your time invested speaking with two agents?

One scenario is to list the higher priced one first and when it closes for a good price, put the lower one on the market. If you get a low ball offer for the higher one, maybe you can flip them to the lower unit?
I saw a property drop 100k and I want it so I can't wait for one to sell before I list the second. I also found out that we are not FHA approved cutting out a lot of potential buyers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals