Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-19-2007, 02:50 PM

1,375 posts, read 6,287,196 times

Advertisements

For agents/lenders...has anyone inquired today as to whether they should "act now"? Have you seen anyone make any kind of decision based on the new information?

For buyers...anyone thinking of making an offer because of the news?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2007, 03:56 PM

8,189 posts, read 31,163,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cynmkolohe View Post
For buyers...anyone thinking of making an offer because of the news?
That news does not affect me as a buyer. I have cash, but I am not willing to pay the seriously over ambitious prices here.

Old 09-19-2007, 04:04 PM

2,210 posts, read 7,010,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evey View Post
That news does not affect me as a buyer. I have cash, but I am not willing to pay the seriously over ambitious prices here.
Ditto. Have cash, excellent credit, good income, not willing to go into extreme debt to purchase a depreciating asset.

Old 09-19-2007, 06:19 PM

1,317 posts, read 5,259,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyB View Post
Ditto. Have cash, excellent credit, good income, not willing to go into extreme debt to purchase a depreciating asset.
3rd Ditto here! We have some cash, but we are going to wait for
spring/early summer to buy. BUNCH of new homes by Centex that are
going to HAVE to have mucho price slashes to move. They are trying their
darndest to get us to buy now, but the floor plan we want wont be available
till next yr anyhoo. Sigh.

Old 09-19-2007, 08:48 PM

8,882 posts, read 19,783,560 times
Our local news is reporting that local banks are already seeing lower rates for prime borrowers (mainly commercial loans), and for credit rates and adjustable rates coming down a bit to "allow consumers to borrow more". None of the banking experts see a drop in 30 year fixed rate mortgages from this latest rate drop.

Old 09-19-2007, 09:05 PM

9,116 posts, read 17,655,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by magellan View Post
Our local news is reporting that local banks are already seeing lower rates for prime borrowers (mainly commercial loans), and for credit rates and adjustable rates coming down a bit to "allow consumers to borrow more". None of the banking experts see a drop in 30 year fixed rate mortgages from this latest rate drop.
Are you serious? ARM's are coming down to "allow consumers to borrow more"

What are they nuts??? This is how we got into this mess in the first place...

Old 09-19-2007, 09:19 PM

72,330 posts, read 18,157,984 times
The news didn't do a thing to our office,initially we said great! we will have phones ringing off the hook,but no,nothing happened.

Old 09-19-2007, 10:04 PM

72,330 posts, read 18,157,984 times
Here is something new;

Today is a good day for housing, noted the National Association of Realtors®. On the same day that the Federal Reserve cut the discount rate by half a percentage point, the U.S. House of Representatives has passed the Expanding American Homeownership Act of 2007, H.R. 1852. The legislation will offer home buyers a safer alternative to risky mortgage products and help many homeowners who may be facing foreclosure, and the combination of efforts could have a positive impact on the housing market and consumer confidence.

Old 09-19-2007, 10:23 PM

2,210 posts, read 7,010,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonten View Post
Here is something new;

Today is a good day for housing, noted the National Association of Realtors®. On the same day that the Federal Reserve cut the discount rate by half a percentage point, the U.S. House of Representatives has passed the Expanding American Homeownership Act of 2007, H.R. 1852. The legislation will offer home buyers a safer alternative to risky mortgage products and help many homeowners who may be facing foreclosure, and the combination of efforts could have a positive impact on the housing market and consumer confidence.
In other words, pushing people who never should have bought a house to buy more house is a good thing.

The NAR should be banned from public discourse. It is an industry lobby group masquerading as an economic advisory committee.

Old 09-20-2007, 07:55 AM

1,408 posts, read 8,004,879 times
the office i work at has seen a slight increase in showings but nothing UAG yet. Quick question to the folks who wrote they have cash to buy but are waiting because prices are still inflated, when you say you have cash do you mean you have enough to buy a home outright or that you have a sizeable downpayment (over 30%) or that you have enough for at least a 10-15% downpayment? I've been hearing people say oh i have the cash but i never quite understood what they meant by that. Not trying to pry into your personal financial information just trying to understand what this actually means.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals