Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-13-2012, 11:36 AM

4 posts, read 5,798 times

Advertisements

I have a family of 3 and 1 on the way. I'm wanting to move to california, I'm not sure where. I heard northern california is country thats what I'm looking for, I want a good neighborhood for example schools, affordable housing. Im wanting to obtain my real estate license immediately. If.you can help me please feel free to contact me via e mail kh62755@gmail.com.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2012, 09:35 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,731,596 times
Rule of thumb is job first, then move.

Old 08-15-2012, 12:37 PM

6,957 posts, read 22,309,298 times
I tried much the same thing when I was 25. I moved to WA, got a real estate license and almost starved to death when interest rates went from 6 to 16 per cent in a month. In retrospect it was stupid. It put a strain on my marriage (with no kids even) and made me crazy.

I think it's almost imperative that you have an established network of friends and acquaintances before you start in the real estate business. I'd look for a chance to join a real estate team as a licensed paper pusher before I had any thoughts about actually going out on your own.

Old 08-17-2012, 07:26 PM

4 posts, read 5,798 times
Ok thanks for the advice

Old 08-18-2012, 06:29 AM

4,826 posts, read 14,311,771 times
It sounds to me as though you have a job in MO, but simply want to move to CA. You will be moving from the "Show Me State" to the "No Me State." If you don't have at least one year of living expenses saved, I would be careful about moving from a sure thing to a new state where your reputation will affect your income if a Realtor.

I would # 1, take the state pre-license course via the internet. Get as much of your licensure out of the way as practical before you give up your MO job and status.

2) you got some very good advice. Find a team to "play from the bench" and learn by watching and doing in support of a big dog rain maker.

3) take risks, but be certain you know how to recover.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals