Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2007, 05:44 PM

17 posts, read 70,945 times

Advertisements

question: we want sell quickly because we are closing on our new home in 45 days. I want to look into a guaranteed sell agent and have gotten an appointment for this thursday to talk with him. NOT sign papers, just check out what he can offer. Do I have to break my agreement with my current realtor to do that? obviously if I like what I hear I would break it and then sign contracts with him. But do I have to break our current agreement just to find information and check it out?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2007, 05:45 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,379,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cab0ad View Post
question: we want sell quickly because we are closing on our new home in 45 days. I want to look into a guaranteed sell agent and have gotten an appointment for this thursday to talk with him. NOT sign papers, just check out what he can offer. Do I have to break my agreement with my current realtor to do that? obviously if I like what I hear I would break it and then sign contracts with him. But do I have to break our current agreement just to find information and check it out?
recommend seller helper and a real estate attorney, cheaper and better look on internet for tele no.
stephen s
san diego ca

Old 10-08-2007, 06:41 PM

9,124 posts, read 36,367,911 times
You can talk to anyone you want to- you just can't go to contract with them without breaking the current contract (which might not be as easy as you may want it to be.....).

Bob

Old 10-08-2007, 06:45 PM

9,116 posts, read 17,717,585 times
Your not going to like what you hear. That's why they GUARANTEE a quick sell....

Old 10-08-2007, 07:00 PM

2,124 posts, read 8,839,055 times
What does that mean Jack? please clarify...

shelly

Old 10-09-2007, 06:12 AM

22,974 posts, read 26,993,681 times
Yes, I'd like to know what that means as well.....

Old 10-09-2007, 07:44 AM

1,038 posts, read 3,995,093 times
Is the new Realtor one who promises to sell your home in 45 days "or we'll buy it ourselves!" Sounds like it, but please clarify.

Old 10-09-2007, 08:13 AM

505 posts, read 2,334,955 times
From my knowledge of the "if we don't sell it, we'll buy it from you" agencies in our area, they normally purchase it from you at lower than appraised value...I met with one of the local agencies around here when I was looking for a new home for my Real Estate hat. They told me that they have only had to buy 1 home from a seller, but then when I checked their stats in the MLS they had a lot of homes expire and then I saw the seller rellist with another company, so make sure you ask them to see their expiration statistics.

A lot of these things that sound great are often not as good as it seems, and sometimes the only thing one can do in order to get their home to sell is wait it out or reduce the price...it's not normally the agent's fault a home doesn't sell unless you have a very poor agent who doesn't market a home properly.

~Joey

Old 10-09-2007, 04:48 PM

2,124 posts, read 8,839,055 times
Well,, since I am an agent with ERA and we are one of those, If I can't sell your home, ERA will buy it" agencies, I think it only fair to give the other side to this story. A) the seller has to want to enter into the program and they have to be accepted (not all choose to enter into the program) and b) we offer 90% of appraised value (in this market that isn't too bad).

So when you see those expired listings, it is probably because the sellers opted to not enter the program.

Any questions, i will try to help.

shelly

Old 10-09-2007, 05:36 PM

Location: Halfway between Number 4 Privet Drive and Forks, WA
1,516 posts, read 4,589,290 times
Shelly,
Just curious, who orders the appraisal on those programs? ERA? Or the seller(s)?
Is all of ERA a guaranteed sell brokerage?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals