Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-02-2013, 05:48 AM
Status: "Made the Retirement Run in under 12 parsecs!!!" (set 22 days ago)

43,176 posts, read 76,815,786 times

Advertisements

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/02/03/re...it_th_20130202

So, how does YOUR site measure up to some of these?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2013, 12:07 PM

6,957 posts, read 22,266,300 times
"Making websites completely addictive"

Maybe I should embed a Bejeweled Blitz game in my website.

Old 02-02-2013, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMenscha View Post
"Making websites completely addictive"

Maybe I should embed a Bejeweled Blitz game in my website.
Yeah, Farmville is SO 2010...

Old 02-02-2013, 02:14 PM

15,539 posts, read 40,308,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJaquish View Post
Yeah, Farmville is SO 2010...
I'm telling you Minecraft is the new addiction.

I made major changes to my main site last year and my bounce rate is 10.44% in the last 30 days and was 10.35% in the last 90 days. It was 45.58% for the same time last year before all my changes. My page views went from 4.38 to 7.30.

I want to get to 10 page views per visit this year and have more plans in place for that. I only did about 1/4 of my overhaul last year. Websites are a long term and never ending project.

Old 02-02-2013, 02:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverfall View Post
I'm telling you Minecraft is the new addiction.

I made major changes to my main site last year and my bounce rate is 10.44% in the last 30 days and was 10.35% in the last 90 days. It was 45.58% for the same time last year before all my changes. My page views went from 4.38 to 7.30.

I want to get to 10 page views per visit this year and have more plans in place for that. I only did about 1/4 of my overhaul last year. Websites are a long term and never ending project.
Are you IDXBroker Platinum yet?

I sent your site over to Web Woman to show her a good IDX deployment.

Old 02-04-2013, 03:48 AM

98 posts, read 204,379 times
I believe my website does and I am constantly improving it. I read that article and I visited each of their websites and immediately got to work on mine. My favorite is Douglas Elliman's website and the Cocoran website. I'm not sure whether our not my comment will be taken down but I'd love the opinion of you all in this thread.

Homeownrs.com

Old 02-04-2013, 08:05 AM

654 posts, read 1,248,922 times
Craig, that looks good. But be careful as to not spending the whole day messing around with pluggins and improving your website when you should be getting leads.

Hey if you link my site (Las Vegas) to your site, then I can do the same for you. Call it; Properties out of state ? or Agents out of state, referral agents out of area/state?

Last edited by forestgump99; 02-04-2013 at 08:22 AM..

Old 02-04-2013, 09:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJaquish View Post
Are you IDXBroker Platinum yet?

I sent your site over to Web Woman to show her a good IDX deployment.
No. I think it is still in beta, and I'm hearing about too many issues to upgrade if it is open to all.

Old 02-04-2013, 09:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamCraigHenry View Post
I believe my website does and I am constantly improving it. I read that article and I visited each of their websites and immediately got to work on mine. My favorite is Douglas Elliman's website and the Cocoran website. I'm not sure whether our not my comment will be taken down but I'd love the opinion of you all in this thread.

Homeownrs.com
Here are my thoughts.

I like the opening with the large photos and the bright colors. Some of the photos don't seem crisp enough to be that large. The house with the pool and the living room shot with the blue furniture don't seem to have the right resolution. Otherwise the layout is nice, clean and simple. I strongly prefer sites that are built that way.

The neighborhoods section didn't show up on my Mac. All I saw was a box with something cut off. Regardless, you need your own neighborhood content on there.

Write your "about Craig" from first person. I felt like I was talking to Jimmy from Seinfeld.

When you like to HAR like that do you get those leads somehow? My MLS would send any requests for information to the listing agent. Wondering why you are linking to their search rather than paying for your own?

As an agent I found your "free home valuation" and your CMA tabs confusing. Wasn't sure of the difference. Where does the free home valuation take them?

Old 02-04-2013, 12:00 PM

98 posts, read 204,379 times
@forestgump99 I actually was thinking about setting up some kind of referral section for people who happen onto my website but aren't looking in Houston. And you are right. I spent most of my Sunday on the website and there are always little things to improve it.

@Silverfall - thank you so much for the feedback. I was worried about the resolution of some of my photos compared with others. I will fix the neighborhood section because I believe I know what you are talking about. And, I just haven't taken the time to create my own neighborhood content. As a new agent, I'm working on a limited budget.

I will revise my about Craig section. lol. Jimmy from Seinfeld. I've seen about me's where they talk in third and in first. In regards to HAR, I have set up a back channel, that when you pull up the listing it only shows my information. It might show listed by very small but my number is at the top and when you hit contact on the page, it comes to me. You would really have to circumvent the website in order to contact the listing agent. And even after that, you had to register to see the address and other info. So I've got your information now.

Ya know, I thought the same about my free home valuation and CMA. Both tabs take them to my HAR information and they fill it out and it comes to me. But they seem to be basically the same.

Thank you for commenting on the look. I really believe that real estate is visual and if I can capture them with the pictures they might stick around for a while.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals