Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-17-2013, 07:56 AM

1,757 posts, read 5,138,019 times

Advertisements

I officially shelved my license as of two weeks ago. I was offered a really great position with a national builder on their land acquisition team in Maryland. Kind of feels good but part of me really enjoyed working with people everyday. OTOH part of me really got frustrated working with people everyday.

Best part for me though is I can finally use my expensive Hopkins MSRE education. I had yet to meet a client that 'used' me for what I can offer. Plus this weekends/holidays/evenings off thing isn't to shabby.

Well, I'm off to buy the farm as they say.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2013, 08:43 AM

21,870 posts, read 15,087,284 times
Best of luck to you! Wow will you get a salary too? What is a salary

Old 02-17-2013, 08:48 AM

11,113 posts, read 19,541,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by davecj View Post
I officially shelved my license as of two weeks ago. I was offered a really great position with a national builder on their land acquisition team in Maryland. Kind of feels good but part of me really enjoyed working with people everyday. OTOH part of me really got frustrated working with people everyday.

Best part for me though is I can finally use my expensive Hopkins MSRE education. I had yet to meet a client that 'used' me for what I can offer. Plus this weekends/holidays/evenings off thing isn't to shabby.

Best of luck to you ..... no more quarterly estimated tax payments. Woo hoo !

Old 02-17-2013, 10:10 AM

8,674 posts, read 22,919,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by davecj View Post

I'd say congrats on the real job, but I'd better duck, lol.

Seriously, what an exciting opportunity. The land acquisition side has always fascinated me, as has project development. Well, we definitely know who to contact if we want to know what's going in where in Maryland. Don't be a stranger - you still will have more to add, just from another angle.

Old 02-17-2013, 11:03 AM

12,526 posts, read 17,546,779 times
Do they have another opening?

Old 02-18-2013, 11:31 AM

6,957 posts, read 22,311,234 times
I've always thought that we don't "sell" real estate, we are more like therapists that know something about real estate law.

Navigating the human condition is always fascinating, and sometimes frustrating.

Good Luck Dave!

Old 02-18-2013, 11:56 AM

2,636 posts, read 7,432,146 times
Congratulations on your new opportunity.

Old 02-18-2013, 12:24 PM

10,965 posts, read 21,985,795 times
These days that may call for a congratulations. It's so dang hard to close anything these days I may just be a little jealous.

Old 02-18-2013, 09:41 PM

15,577 posts, read 40,434,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DMenscha View Post
I've always thought that we don't "sell" real estate, we are more like therapists that know something about real estate law.
Boy isn't that true. I am training a rookie, and was just telling her that we are 60% therapists/teachers, 20% marketers, and 20% conflict negotiators. If you can do those 3 things, you can be successful in real estate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon Hoffman View Post
These days that may call for a congratulations. It's so dang hard to close anything these days I may just be a little jealous.
Things are finally closing out here nicely. Taking longer, but closing.

Old 02-18-2013, 09:45 PM

3,199 posts, read 13,396,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverfall View Post
Boy isn't that true. I am training a rookie, and was just telling her that we are 60% therapists/teachers, 20% marketers, and 20% conflict negotiators. If you can do those 3 things, you can be successful in real estate.

Things are finally closing out here nicely. Taking longer, but closing.
And in property management, you're about 85% psychologist! some days are just that way! Life coach, therapist, sounding board, shoulder to cry on, cheerleader!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals