Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-08-2013, 11:50 PM

8,575 posts, read 12,395,872 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbleboy View Post
The agent for the seller knows that he cannot pay the buyer’s agent legally. If he does, the so called buyer’s agent would not be representing the buyer and would be a sub-agent for the seller instead.
I'm almost embarrassed to even admit that I've read this thread. The OP has written at length (some might say ad nauseum), and still hasn't put forth a coherent reason for even starting this thread. At times I thought he was getting close to making a point, but he never really got around to it. I guess it doesn't even matter, though. It seemed like every post was peppered with outlandish statements, such as above, so they would have obscured any legitimate point anyway. At least the OP has demonstrated that, when it comes to writing, more is not better--especially when most of it is wrong. If a book is in the offing, let's just hope he gets paid by commission.

(Sorry BubbleBoy, but when it comes to real estate you should probably read more and write less.)

Last edited by jackmichigan; 03-09-2013 at 12:02 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2013, 06:30 PM

111 posts, read 182,009 times
Default This is what we are going to do

Challenge: A Unilateral offer to participate

This is what is going to happen.

I am going to get either a volunteer from this thread or get a friend to play the role of someone that wants to hire an agent to buy a property in California. I will be the agent.

We are going to do it right here, in this thread.

This buyer won't know anything about the process and that is why he is hiring an agent.
I will explain it, fill the forms, collect a commission, etc.

Once we have the accepted offer, we are going to turn the paperwork to a make belief escrow company and follow the joint escrow instructions on the forms.

Unlike a regular transaction where the agent has nobody supervising the process, here we are going to do it right in front of the thread readers, so everybody can ask questions, troll, etc.

DeMensha, I doubt you are still reading this thread, but if you are, you are welcome to be the escrow officer. You will be opening and closing the escrow and writing the checks to the brokers.
I thought of you because I believe you got what it takes to do the right thing. I don't think that your status "no bad deed goes unpunished" is just words. I think it shows the kind of person you are.
This is not a challenge to you or in any way you have to say yes. If you say yes, your role will start in about a week or so, after I set this thing. Please do as you wish and don't feel this is in any way about you. Thank you for your consideration.

So, Does anyone want to be a clueless, rich buyer of a 400K home in California?

Although you will be responsible to pay for your agent, you will no only not have to use any of your money to pay the buyer's agent, but you will have a written contract and I, your agent, will find enough money for you to pay me our negotiated fee and I will put extra money in your pocket, from the seller, at the closing of escrow. All legitimate and all using the available forms. No tricks.

This volunteer does not have to be an agent, (I say that because this is a Real Estate Professional Forum Thread). If you are, you don't have to be from California. You can be anyone.
I have all of the forms and I will only use the association forms.

We'll sign the agency disclosure form Wed 13, 2013 at 5 pm, California Time and officially start this.
Remember, time is of the essence.

If nobody jumps in, I know people that can do it.

NOTE"
The OP has written at length (some might say ad nauseum), and still hasn't put forth a coherent reason for even starting this thread. At times I thought he was getting close to making a point, but he never really got around to it.

JackMichigan is right. This thread makes people sick. There is a whole chapter about what makes for a bad agent (there was an earlier post on that). There is also a mention of it in the USDOJ 2005 workshop testimony at the beginning of the thread. So, attacking me only makes a point that has been made again, at nauseum, but it is a part of the problem for the public. Jack, your comments were appropriate. I am not talking about you.

So, drink the coolaid or get out of the pot LOL

Old 03-10-2013, 06:40 PM

43,266 posts, read 77,043,330 times
I wonder if the OP even realizes he is in the Real Estate Professional's forum, and why he using this forum for this series of book promotions?
No real estate professional is going to buy the book.

Old 03-10-2013, 07:02 PM

8,489 posts, read 20,632,846 times
Quote:
So, drink the coolaid or get out of the pot LOL
We could stand here and talk until the cows turn blue but it’s time to grab the bull by the tail and look him in the eye.
It’s as easy as falling off a piece of cake, you can’t change the spots on an old dog.

Old 03-10-2013, 07:06 PM

40,952 posts, read 49,155,879 times
Quote:
If nobody jumps in, I know people that can do it.
Please feel free to move on to your friends who will play.

Old 03-10-2013, 07:31 PM

43,266 posts, read 77,043,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike1306 View Post
We could stand here and talk until the cows turn blue but it’s time to grab the bull by the tail and look him in the eye.
It’s as easy as falling off a piece of cake, you can’t change the spots on an old dog.
I am SO very jealous that I didn't write this.

A tip of my hat in the ring to you and your dog.

Old 03-11-2013, 08:06 AM

8,547 posts, read 14,012,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike1306 View Post
You know . . . I could judge the quality of a steak by shoving my head up the cow's bee-hind but I'd rather take the butcher's word for it!

Seriously, this last post by BB was the most rambling, most incoherent post I think I've ever read on this website . . . and that's saying something! I feel like half the agent haters on this website are secretly 13 year old kids just here to mess with us.

Old 03-11-2013, 08:18 AM

6,069 posts, read 14,773,863 times
I've been away from the forum for a few weeks, trying to complete my book.

I had to check in this morning to see what was happening, and my eye caught this 6% bubble thread, so I read it all. And I have to say, WOW!

Why are you agents wasting so much of your valuable time responding to all of the misinformation that's being posted by someone who obviously has no knowledge of real estate contracts, real estate law, or the real estate business; and if you correct him, or her - I don't know the gender - then s/he takes it as an attack.

Quote:
by: MikePRU.....You know . . . I could judge the quality of a steak by shoving my head up the cow's bee-hind but I'd rather take the butcher's word for it!

Seriously, this last post by BB was the most rambling, most incoherent post I think I've ever read on this website . . . and that's saying something! I feel like half the agent haters on this website are secretly 13 year old kids just here to mess with us.
.................................................. .............................

That's all the time I have to devote to this thread. I have better things to do with my time. I'm going back to editing my book, and working with my clients to earn my keep. (I'm not leaving the forum; I love it here -just taking a hiatus.) Have fun

On a more serious note, since some have said that the OP is writing a book, I have one book almost complete, and have three more that I'll be writing within the next 18 months. One is in outline status now, and I'm doing research for all three. There is no way I would go about researching for my books by anonymously attacking the industry, and the people in it, that I was researching.

If I were going to do a book such as it seems the OP is supposedly doing, (as a non-real estate agent), then I would spend about a year taking some real estate classes to learn a lot about the business; read a lot of real estate books; find brokers (from different business models) who would allow me to interview them; find a real estate attorney who would grant an interview; and find others on the real estate periphery, who would sit down with me -either in person or over the phone- and answer all my questions. (They would get credit in the book.) That way I could present educated and factual information in the book that would be valuable to my readers.

Getting on a professional real estate forum, as an anonymous poster, attacking the industry without being educated in the industry - and it's obvious by his posts that he is not educated in the business - is not the way a non-fiction author should proceed.

Last edited by Captain Bill; 03-11-2013 at 08:51 AM..

Old 03-11-2013, 09:07 AM

8,547 posts, read 14,012,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Bill View Post
Getting on a professional real estate forum, as an anonymous poster, attacking the industry without being educated in the industry - and it's obvious by his posts that he is not educated in the business - is not the way a non-fiction author should proceed.
I think you've hit the nail on the head! The book is clearly a work of fiction.

Old 03-11-2013, 10:32 AM

6,957 posts, read 22,302,067 times
I don't do role playing games, thanks for the invitation. Feel free to;

Ramble On - Led Zeppelin - YouTube
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals