Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-18-2013, 01:03 PM

194 posts, read 491,022 times

Advertisements

Question about what to expect in representing a my Client on a new construction home with known KB builder.
I am finding they were very helpful and informative in the beginning process of the contract,

(aside from making a couple of inappropriate comments such as stating to my Clients that normally buyers do not bring buyer agents, and often deals are more beneficial without a buyers agent? I was offended and thought he was out of line, but let it go)

Now that all is signed I have not been able to get in touch with the sales agent who we worked with, and more frustrating he has not sent me the contract for my records...even after several request?

My previous experience with local builders have been very positive and not sure why KB is being rather difficult? Any Brokers out there have similar experience in dealing with builders?

Thanks in advance
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2013, 01:24 PM

5,662 posts, read 10,748,988 times
Have you driven over to the sales office? It is likely that the jerk is no longer working there but, even if that is not the case, you might be able to find someone else there who can help you. If he is still there, I'd talk to the regional sales manager and let them know about his unprofessional conduct. I might even mention that I plan to warn off every agent I know to stay away from that guy. There's no place for people like that in an environment where we are all supposed to be cooperating with each other.

Old 06-18-2013, 02:11 PM

40,952 posts, read 49,213,992 times
Google KB Complaints.

I do a high number of new construction homes a year and there are 3 builders I tell Buyers to avoid at all costs.

One is local in TX only, one went out of business about 2 years ago and the 3rd is KB Homes.

There again, google KB complaints.

Old 06-18-2013, 03:31 PM

3,720 posts, read 10,002,883 times
Once the contract is signed, most builders salespeople ship it off to escrow and forget about it. Ask who is their escrow company and contact - they will be more likely to send you all the signed documents. You will need that information to get paid anyway so get it now and make sure your broker submits the broker demand.

Old 06-18-2013, 06:23 PM

Thank you for all your input, greatly appreciate it!

Old 06-18-2013, 08:41 PM

1,757 posts, read 5,139,858 times
I'm a bit surprised about the agent comment from someone in sales. We pro forma broker splits into our underwriting before acquiring the land. Maybe KB sales staff get bonuses for saving the split?

Old 06-19-2013, 07:57 AM

Yes, I was a bit surprised also? He retracted his comment when I walked in the room with a puzzled look on my face, as I have been working with these particular Clients for several months...starting out as rental searches, very long process and was happy to be at a point where they had finally found something that was making them and their family happy.

Maybe they are waiting for the 30 day rescind period to end?

I called back, asking to speak with the escrow dept and of course they skirted around, stating they will have their escrow dept contact me.

Very frustrating!

Old 06-19-2013, 08:13 AM

40,952 posts, read 49,213,992 times
Where are you ?

KB in TX has always been the bottom of the barrel as far as what they offer in quality.
Their sales (I suspect) is mostly to the very low end, uneducated and many who do not work with agents.
Many times these types of builders do NOT want you (an agent) involved in the process.

You might do something terrible like recommend your client get an inspection and explain their warranty program.

KB has a fairly rough reputation so as an agent be sure and do all you can to advise your client wisely.
If you have to pay for an inspection out of your commission, it would be money well spent.
Be sure and go to all the walk throughs to ask educated questions for your Buyer.

And I'm trying to be nice here.

Old 06-19-2013, 05:22 PM

1,757 posts, read 5,139,858 times
I work for a much larger competitor. Their communities in Maryland usually look pretty hip on their website. Unfortunately I don't have any direct experience with them.

I have heard nice things about Lennar homes though...

Old 06-19-2013, 07:16 PM

211 posts, read 451,582 times
So Dave, who do you work for? I am guessing Lennar.

I would contact their division office or offsite sales and ask who you can get a ratified contract from. Keep asking until you get it. Normal turn times I have found for builders is 10 days give or take. Every company has a division office that can get you the number for the escrow coordinator.

There is more money to work with when a buyer does not have an agent and as agent who has sold new homes to clients, I understand this. You just have to be persistent for your client and make sure the builders rep understands you need to be kept in the loop.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals