Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-25-2014, 04:23 AM

3,297 posts, read 6,262,951 times

Advertisements

I had one a couple of years ago with a Persian agent, Japanese seller, and an EXTREME hothead for a buyer client....I learned this mid transaction.

Long story short because I could literally write a book on that transaction, listing agent was doing nothing, seller had no clue what was going on because she spoke NO English and agent was just putting docs in front of her and telling her "sign".....we had an encroachment issue that had to be resolved, and I was busting my a** doing everything I could do without the other agent/seller doing ANYTHING. She would call me FROM HER FREAKING LAKEHOUSE over an hour away. Multiple calls to the agent's broker went ignored.....until the absolute nastiest attorney in town called ALL of us as he had just been retained by this poor seller. THEN the broker decided to get involved....of course, by then the poop had hit the fan multiple times over.

Oh, in the meantime while I am doing anything and everything to close this deal or kill it for my client (he kept wanting to hang in there even tho there was some crazy drama) he would cuss me out, up and down and literally....he was like Jekyll and Hyde. One day calm and rational, the next minute screaming vulgarities at me over the phone. I seriously was getting it from both ends. My doctor gave me a prescription for a sleep aid and I literally thought I was going to have to go on anxiety meds it was so bad. My husband was at the point of confronting this guy, I was such a mess. At one point I gave up, called my broker crying and told him he could finish it....didn't want the commission, he could have it if I just didn't have to deal with it anymore. It was pretty bad.

Cost the broker close to $10k to close the deal, agent got NOTHING, my broker paid me my part of commission.....oh, and I forgot to mention that the house was in MY NEIGHBORHOOD so now I get to be neighbor's with this client that frankly, I never wanted to lay eyes on again.

To this day, I will NOT show that agent's listings....and if a buyer insists I forewarn them that the deal will be nuts, as apparently I'm not the only agent in town to have major issues when she is involved. She's had three brokers remove her license from their brokerage, liability on her must be pretty high.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2015, 02:58 PM

9,189 posts, read 7,594,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2bindenver View Post
I wouldn't know where to start.

The short sale with BofA where the Seller was deceased and BofA requested Seller get a job?
The Buyer who lost his job the day of closing and disappeared?
The Seller who wanted a quick sale because the IRS sent a letter of intent to file a lien against the property?
The Seller who accepted the purchase contract and then put in a tenant two days before closing?
The Buyer who bought a car the day before closing because he got such a good rate on his house?
The Seller who called me every hour on the hour wondering why the agent that showed the property did not write an offer?
The Seller who told the inspector not to look in the crawl space?
The Seller who was so angry that the offer asked for $2500 in seller paid concessions, wanted to talk to my broker about removing the house from the market? (The offer was $5,000 over asking price.)

Every deal now has hair, the question is where is it and how long will it take to resolve.
L O L. Did you ever find out what was in that crawl space?

Old 03-25-2015, 07:01 PM

6,957 posts, read 22,302,067 times
Add on to a previous post;

The crazy woman eventually got committed to an institution and is by some accounts getting better.

Most recently my client accepted an offer from a veteran. We made an offer contingent on us closing. The owner of that house has an offer contingent on HIS house closing and icing on the cake, that owner also has a contingent offer on THAT house closing.

Loan officer for the veteran seems to work at a snails pace. My poor seller wants to know when to schedule the moving company as do the dominoes down the line. Lots of phone calls up and down the chain.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals