Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2013, 06:42 PM

21 posts, read 33,495 times

Advertisements

I have zero experience in real estate except for working in the collections dept at Wells Fargo. I'm looking for guidance and direction on where to begin. I don't have that much money and my credit isn't that great. I've heard about project manager for flipping, tax liens business, fix and flip, wholesaling, lease options etc. I read to gain experience to attend an appraiser class, or attend free first time homebuyer's classes to learn about mortgages. I even read to become an assistant with a realtor to gain experience. I'm at a lost and a bit overwhelmed. My advantages are internet marketing and online researching. How can a newbie incoporate my advantage with zero real estate experience? I'm based in Fontana
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2013, 08:39 PM

280 posts, read 422,291 times
It wouldn't hurt to call around to the real estate agencies and ask them if they are hiring any clerical workers. My Dad is a real estate agent and he paid for his receptionist to go to real estate school to assist him and then she became an agent after that. So it might work for you as well.

Old 06-13-2013, 02:01 PM

10,965 posts, read 21,995,719 times
You'll be opening a business owned and paid for by Natasha. Opening a business cost money so I worry when you say you don't have much. Are you able to save up 6 months worth of money to float yourself? If not going into real estate may not be the right fit unless you can find a paid job as someone's assistant.

Old 06-17-2013, 01:04 PM

1,757 posts, read 5,140,172 times
Real estate is a broad field. You may want to start with what you would like to do in real estate.

Old 06-17-2013, 04:09 PM

4,826 posts, read 14,317,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natasha123 View Post
I have zero experience in real estate except for working in the collections dept at Wells Fargo. I'm looking for guidance and direction on where to begin. I don't have that much money and my credit isn't that great. I've heard about project manager for flipping, tax liens business, fix and flip, wholesaling, lease options etc. I read to gain experience to attend an appraiser class, or attend free first time homebuyer's classes to learn about mortgages. I even read to become an assistant with a realtor to gain experience. I'm at a lost and a bit overwhelmed. My advantages are internet marketing and online researching. How can a newbie incoporate my advantage with zero real estate experience? I'm based in Fontana
Are you interested in houses, in people, or are you interested and capable of becoming a self-employed business manager and owner?

Old 06-20-2013, 10:40 PM

335 posts, read 670,558 times
I was in your position ...... I am now doing a internship at Sotheby's RE and they are paying my RE Schooling

Old 06-21-2013, 11:58 AM

11,832 posts, read 34,451,143 times
Read The Millionaire Real Estate Agent by Gary Keller. Then, please come back and ask questions.

Old 06-21-2013, 07:41 PM

335 posts, read 670,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2bindenver View Post
Read The Millionaire Real Estate Agent by Gary Keller. Then, please come back and ask questions.
Feel free to ask any questions any time regardless if you read this book or not.

Old 06-22-2013, 01:41 PM

11,832 posts, read 34,451,143 times
2013 should also read this book. I feel everyone who wants to own a real estate practice should read this book.

2013, I understand it's had to intern & go to school at the same time, but you owe it to yourself to understand the whole picture.

Do yourself a favor, take this test and report your results. Personal Strengths Profile | DISC self-assessment profile | Understand yourself | AnthonyRobbins.com

Old 08-13-2013, 06:54 PM

66 posts, read 146,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2bindenver View Post
2013 should also read this book. I feel everyone who wants to own a real estate practice should read this book.

2013, I understand it's had to intern & go to school at the same time, but you owe it to yourself to understand the whole picture.

Do yourself a favor, take this test and report your results. Personal Strengths Profile | DISC self-assessment profile | Understand yourself | AnthonyRobbins.com
May I ask why do you suggest this book?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals