Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-21-2007, 12:38 PM

9,116 posts, read 17,730,190 times

Advertisements

Talk about the ultimate spinmeisters. If you look at todays news you will note how sales for existing home sales fell in 46 out of 50 states. Nothing new, we all know the housing slump is a major problem w/no hope in the short term.

I went on the NAR's main page and the headline reads as follows...

"A majority of metropolitan areas showed rising or stable home prices in the third quarter, most experiencing modest gains"

New president "Richard Gaylord" said "there is no such thing as a "national housing market, it doesn't perform like equity markets"...

I mean, is this organization and leaders on crack? Who are they trying to kid after all these years of bogus spin propaganda? No National market? OF COURSE IT IS! The people in the Southeast are directly affected by the people in CA & NY/NJ who can't sell their homes!

IMO, they will never be respected until they start facing reality and address the problems w/RE today.

What a freakin joke they are.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2007, 12:47 PM

781 posts, read 3,817,033 times
LOL.....you gota love the spin that people can put on news. Everyday you can listen to CNBC try a put a positive spin on a market that will soon be breaking down and an economy that is dramatically slowing.

The NAR is no different...trying to put lipstick on a pig.....still ends up being a pig nonetheless.

Old 11-21-2007, 12:58 PM

609 posts, read 2,118,419 times
Maybe NAR should read this

As US housing market woes worsen, trade group says third-quarter home sales fell in 46 states - International Herald Tribune

Old 11-21-2007, 01:14 PM

982 posts, read 3,307,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CouponJack View Post
Talk about the ultimate spinmeisters. If you look at todays news you will note how sales for existing home sales fell in 46 out of 50 states. Nothing new, we all know the housing slump is a major problem w/no hope in the short term.

"A majority of metropolitan areas showed rising or stable home prices in the third quarter, most experiencing modest gains"

New president "Richard Gaylord" said "there is no such thing as a "national housing market, it doesn't perform like equity markets"...

I mean, is this organization and leaders on crack? Who are they trying to kid after all these years of bogus spin propaganda? No National market? OF COURSE IT IS! The people in the Southeast are directly affected by the people in CA & NY/NJ who can't sell their homes!

IMO, they will never be respected until they start facing reality and address the problems w/RE today.

Crack? Nah....they would have to be on acid for these hallucinations. I especially enjoyed those numbers - kinda convenient that they don't include new home sales. Makes a little difference.

Old 11-21-2007, 01:17 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,266,002 times
October sales figures for the Phoenix Metro area (re-sale) show an increase in sales and re-sale inventories dropping -

Prices are stabilizing - interest rates remain very low.

November figures will not be available for some time however, based on some interim numbers, November may be better than October -

Old 11-21-2007, 01:18 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,266,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsengle View Post
Crack? Nah....they would have to be on acid for these hallucinations. I especially enjoyed those numbers - kinda convenient that they don't include new home sales. Makes a little difference.
NAR typically does little with New Homes. Their primary inventory is Resale

Old 11-21-2007, 01:19 PM

15,756 posts, read 38,208,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CouponJack View Post

Sorry - But it appears the HT article is in fact quoting NAR. Exactly which facts are you arguing with...NAR stated 46 states were down but a majority of the metro areas were stable or up. RE estate is quite local..That is why it can be up in Seattle while down 40% in Las Vegas. So what are you arguing with? That NAR tries to find a little light in a dismal picture?

You really shoud find a new hobby. NAR bashing is dull and NAR does not even notice.

Old 11-21-2007, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
October sales figures for the Phoenix Metro area (re-sale) show an increase in sales and re-sale inventories dropping -

Prices are stabilizing - interest rates remain very low.

November figures will not be available for some time however, based on some interim numbers, November may be better than October -
Greatday, I always though Phoenx metro still had tons of inventory compared to several years ago? If not and sales are stabilizing, that's good then.

Old 11-21-2007, 01:42 PM

982 posts, read 3,307,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
NAR typically does little with New Homes. Their primary inventory is Resale
I understand - but I they should be included (at the very least, have their own stats) to get a much better picture.

Quote:
Originally Posted by olecapt View Post
Exactly which facts are you arguing with...NAR stated 46 states were down but a majority of the metro areas were stable or up. RE estate is quite local..That is why it can be up in Seattle while down 40% in Las Vegas. So what are you arguing with? That NAR tries to find a little light in a dismal picture?
RE is local , but the mortgage mess is not. I think that will have a ripple effect, even in the 'healthy' MSA's.

Old 11-21-2007, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by olecapt View Post
Sorry - But it appears the HT article is in fact quoting NAR. Exactly which facts are you arguing with...NAR stated 46 states were down but a majority of the metro areas were stable or up. RE estate is quite local..That is why it can be up in Seattle while down 40% in Las Vegas. So what are you arguing with? That NAR tries to find a little light in a dismal picture?

You really shoud find a new hobby. NAR bashing is dull and NAR does not even notice.
Hobby? I just happen to post on this website like you and everyone else.

Its not "bashing" when they continue to spin information and provide false hope. For instance, they posted that the median price of homes in Charlotte is UP 11% YOY. That would imply a robust market, correct? Well, I can tell you because I live here that average home prices are down YOY and sales are down 23% YOY. Builders are laying off people left and right. There is TONS of inventory (new, spec, & resale). Resi projects are taking extremely long to complete because there are very few qualified buyers...

But you'll NEVER get that accurate picture from the NAR. You'll get MEDIAN SALES UP 11%......what a crock of crap.

look at some accurate #'s from NC and you'll see what I mean..

http://www.ncrealtors.com/uploads/Sept07.pdf

Look, I understand what they are doing, I really get it. But for you to blindly defend what they are spinning is rediculous.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals