Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-06-2013, 12:40 PM

158 posts, read 523,769 times

Advertisements

My current website is being handled by Intagent - I have constant problems. Does anyone have a semi-custom idx site provider that they are happy with?

Thank you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-06-2013, 02:22 PM

2,153 posts, read 5,176,099 times
I have been using Superlative.com for a number of years. They are very inexpensive and fairly easy to work with. Not the most powerful platform, but quite adequate for most agents. You can use your basic IDX, or upgrade to an enhanced IDX feature.

Do not be afraid to negotiate the set-up fee. When I did mine, they did the set-up for free with a 2 year commitment.

Old 12-06-2013, 09:03 PM

43,288 posts, read 77,115,925 times
What is the purpose of your website?

Do you have IDX or a blog?

Old 12-06-2013, 09:16 PM

It's an office website for 10 agents, with idx and several custom pages - lead captures, buyer accounts, ect. I'm trying to find a really clean design. I love my current site but I absolutely hate dealing with the company.

Old 12-06-2013, 09:18 PM

43,288 posts, read 77,115,925 times
I like my WordPress with the IDXBroker Platinum Plugin.

BTW, you should link your CD Profile to your site so someone clicking on your username can see a link to your site.

Old 12-06-2013, 10:28 PM

4,577 posts, read 5,665,859 times
We segued to a Word Press website last year, we're using Wolfnet for our IDX, we're getting a deal on it through our company. Word Press is a little tricky if you don't know what you're doing, but it's endlessly flexible.

Also, look at Point2Agent -- they have a decent website module.

Several of the agents I have worked with like the Top Producer website, and have been pleased with the customer service -- but it's not cheap.

Old 12-07-2013, 08:49 AM

I used to have a public profile Mike but I received a lot of flack for criticizing my site provider from site provider. Instead of actually caring about Customer service Intagent would rather just go after anyone that shares an honest review of their company. My site is a hot mess right now anyway and they were happy to just leave it that way for the weekend - Again. I'm done.
Thanks for the tip dblackga I will check out Point2Agent!
Has anyone used website box, Realtysoft, Agentimage or realestatedesigner?
Thank you!

Old 12-09-2013, 05:21 PM

15,577 posts, read 40,434,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cobble View Post
I used to have a public profile Mike but I received a lot of flack for criticizing my site provider from site provider. Instead of actually caring about Customer service Intagent would rather just go after anyone that shares an honest review of their company. My site is a hot mess right now anyway and they were happy to just leave it that way for the weekend - Again. I'm done.
Thanks for the tip dblackga I will check out Point2Agent!
Has anyone used website box, Realtysoft, Agentimage or realestatedesigner?
Thank you!
Avoid AgentImage. I used to use them. You can also look at Agent Evolution. I'm not sure if they have brokerage sites or just agent ones.

Old 12-09-2013, 05:52 PM

5,662 posts, read 10,743,344 times
I don't use them anymore because my office provides us with a Delta website right now but I used Xsite from Alamode and they were pretty easy to use. They offer a broker package with a back office solution, I believe. They were affordable before but they might be pricey now. Still might be worth a look.

Old 12-10-2013, 01:51 PM

2,251 posts, read 4,915,939 times
In the mid 1990's built a sucessful website with Front-Page, Over the last few years have been pounding on building another website, looking for a seconday income as I get older. Purchased Abobe CS6 suite with photoshop, dreamweaver, watching tutorials easily found on You-tube. I tried to re-learn about coding, tags, html, png's and flash. Went way over board - the more I studied, the more I realized I didn't know and became totally confused. Today technology has changed that you don't have to re event the wheel, building websites is much easier today than 15 years ago.

Originally went with Hostgator, had issue with their C Panel. They said their web building software would not work with my internet carrier, they hosted the account but linked me to Weebly to build my site. Weebly.com is a user friendly website to get a website up and going, but it lacks the punch I was looking for. One of my clients told my about Jormal, spent about a month learning about modules and articals. That was too cumbersome in setting up blog or landing pages.

Switched over to Go Daddy - they have a very easy to learn web-builder, but you are limited the to themes they have available. Read Wordpress it is the best software for bloggs and to create landing pages. Spend another month reading every thing I could find about themes and plug in's, including SEO and Google Analytics, plus building sliders. I purchase another domain name just so I could practice building a website on my own, without Go Daddys webbuilder.

It is very important to understand SEO when creating a successful website today. Years ago creating a website, and it wasn't hard to be found. Now unless you have regular updates or something driving people to your website, it will not be reconized (seen) by the search engines.

It is also important to have a written defined business plan to keep you organized. That will be updated, with links to usefull information (especialy keeping different email accounts, usernames and passwords).

Now have a total of 5 websites and growing - purchased a premium theme ($50 donation)) for my corporation (parent) website, listing my different websites on the home page, linked to seperate blog pages. The parent website main purpose is creating landing pages for my other websites. It will also serve as an electronic resume showing my portfolio of websites to business clients.

My affilate websites has robot software that searches out the internet for low prices on products I list. I am approved with 50+ affilated websites. I only use a few. The problem with Affilated links is the click through, once a person finds your site and ends out on the forwarded site, chances of coming back are zero.

I have moved into network marketing and distributor webpages, looking into auto-writer software, or even hiring foreign blog writters to create and maintain ongoing landing pages. Next goal is to move into Asian, European and Latin markets creating websites in foreign lanuages, working with international web developers easily found on Elance.com. I have a set budget that is going to be used as a tax writeoff, as a cost to build my buisness(es).

The cost with GoDaddy has been $165 to host one domain for three years, with up to 999 different websites (sub-domains) at no charge. Additionally a seprate charge around $40 for three years for each domain name.

There are many plugin's you can get for wordpress - the free ones are mainly found on wordpress.org. In the add new theme section, there is a search box. There is a star rating systment in place rated by endusers. I selected the plugin's having 4 to 5 stars. Spent $110 for the special robot software - it is cool watching every hour as it updates my websites with new information. It is even a better feeling seeing a deposit into your paypal account.

I have been introduced to many different webhosting companies with simular pricing. In my opinion Go Daddy is the best because of their customer service. They spent hours with me, (even on thanksgiving day) - not looking to rush me off even when I had a simple problem. I highly recommend them.

Sorry went aboard board here - another important point to consider is how much time/effort/training will it cost you as in hours, days, months, to build your website. Compared to having someone build your site for you, when you could be planning your business.

Good Luck
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals