Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-11-2014, 07:10 AM

6,957 posts, read 22,311,234 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jameshardin View Post
Ironically, I have just been offered a position by a major commercial real estate brokerage, with steady pay (salary), that is about 3x what I make now, plus full benefits! Not too shabby...
Are they taking on experienced old hippie brokers from the middle of nowhere that can work online from home?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2014, 06:26 PM

3,720 posts, read 9,999,504 times
DMescha, I'd like to see you in a suit selling commercial real estate!

Old 02-12-2014, 10:10 AM

6,957 posts, read 22,311,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NinaN View Post
DMescha, I'd like to see you in a suit selling commercial real estate!
My first thought was that would be kinky.

I did sell commercial real estate back in the early 80's, it's how I survived the early 80's. 3 piece suits and a clean shaven face. God I was disgusting.

Old 02-12-2014, 07:55 PM

174 posts, read 396,751 times
Smart Money gave you some advice that you could never value enough! Listen to it, use your head, make a decision. His answer is perfect!

As for the offer sounds amazing, best of luck in your new venture if you choose.

My additional thoughts.

Create Your Brand, with your name.
When the alarm goes off in the morning, know YOU have to make things happen for yourself.
It will be tough, some days you'll ask yourself what are you doing?
But, if you ever transfer brokerages your name will follow you and be recognized.

Find a brokerage that allows you to build a down line.

-Trent

Old 02-14-2014, 12:30 PM

4,826 posts, read 14,312,676 times
Building "your" brand. I am certainly not opposed to personal branding. It is important! But, brand building can be a very expensive and/or time involved activity.

I am indeed the broker-owner of a name branded franchise, and yes I do have teams in my office. What I have problems with are those recruiters that tell prospective agents that the firm brand isn't important. Facts however, prove that brand names are as important as team or personal brands.

I find it unreasonable to pay a broker and/or franchisor upwards of $20,000 per year to simply throw away the franchise brand.

I encourage you to build a brand using every tool that is financially available to you and which will aid in a profitable ROI.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals