Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-27-2014, 02:35 PM

10,965 posts, read 21,985,795 times

Advertisements

So you want an agency that allows part time agents and allow you to keep all or almost all of the commission while offering full staff, training, and an office at your disposal? It will be hard to find because they've probably already gone out of business.

Typically you can get one or the other but not both. Other than that, Mark summed up my feelings pretty well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2014, 01:15 PM

1 posts, read 1,494 times
Hi,

I just got my Real Estate license and need to find a sponsoring broker. I would like to work as part time real estate agent.

I would like to get some advice on sponsoring broker. I am looking for following criteria -

1) Allows Part-time RE agents
2) Provides training, mentoring and partnering with one of their experienced agents on few initial deals
3) Low monthly cost/fees and close to 100% commission splits.
4) I would prefer to work from home .

Can you recommend any sponsoring brokers? I am interested in Plano, Richardson, Wylie and Allen residential areas.

Thanks
dania

Old 12-01-2014, 02:17 PM

10,965 posts, read 21,985,795 times
The same comments from before still apply. You need to worry about finding the best training and not worry about splits right now. After you get trained and have experience then you leave to go to a company with better splits.

Old 12-03-2014, 01:03 AM

20 posts, read 28,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marksmu View Post
Rakin, it exists. As much as that bucks the industry standard there are lots of brokers that offer exactly that.
Yes, you are right. There are lots of brokers who can offer exactly what is asked by daniahamid. Keep searching and you will be able to get a PT job soon.

Old 12-03-2014, 10:02 AM

8,574 posts, read 12,411,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dfwre11 View Post
Hi,

I just got my Real Estate license and need to find a sponsoring broker. I have a full time job and would like to work as part time real estate agent. My job is flexible and allows to work as Real estate agent and in the beginning I am looking to buy an investment home.

I would like to get some advice on sponsoring broker. I am looking for following criteria -

2) Provides training, mentoring and partnering with one of their experienced agents on few initial deals
3) Low monthly cost/fees and close to 100% commision splits.
4) I would prefer to work from home with some office time.

Can you recommend any sponsoring brokers? I am interested in Plano, Frisco, Carrolton, Richardson, Wylie and Allen residential areas.

I came across few brokers who allow to keep 100% commission with as low as $60 to $150 per month and a low per transaction fee but I would like to hear from others.

Thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by daniahamid View Post
Hi,

I just got my Real Estate license and need to find a sponsoring broker. I would like to work as part time real estate agent.

3) Low monthly cost/fees and close to 100% commission splits.
4) I would prefer to work from home .

Can you recommend any sponsoring brokers? I am interested in Plano, Richardson, Wylie and Allen residential areas.

Thanks
dania
?????

Are you the original poster using another screen name...or do you just like to copy and paste someone else's question? If the former, I don't think the answers will be much different now.

Old 12-16-2014, 05:29 AM

16,278 posts, read 10,414,707 times
I was just about to post that Jack. It seems there is an echo in here.

Old 12-16-2014, 09:08 AM

8,005 posts, read 7,221,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilfredjwright View Post
Yes, you are right. There are lots of brokers who can offer exactly what is asked by daniahamid. Keep searching and you will be able to get a PT job soon.
Wilfred, What city are you in?

Old 02-28-2015, 07:19 PM

1 posts, read 1,266 times
I am a fairly new agent that HAS to go back to working but would like to continue to try to work as a part time agent as well. I am with a brokerage that offers training-great training but NO MENTORING. And that is what I am looking for. I need a mentor-that is MOST important for me. Does anyone know of a brokerage that offers a mentor to shadow and be there to assist with your first few transactions? And providing internet leads would be great too...

Old 03-01-2015, 12:18 AM

268 posts, read 357,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
You want a Broker to provide you training, an office and almost 100% commission while you only work part time ?

Good luck with that.
HA, i was thinking the same thing.

Training isnt cheap (at least good training isnt), and materials arent free. You should rethink your priorities.

Old 03-01-2015, 02:02 AM

502 posts, read 896,256 times
I think your most important priority should be getting the appropriate training - as much as possible. At least in NC, you don't learn a tenth of what you really need to know in your pre and post licensing training. Some companies are better at that than others. I am only familiar with Keller Williams and I think it has a tremendous training program. I can't imagine not having access to all the training they offered. The split was pretty good too.

Once you get some training and some transactions under your belt, you can look more into the brokerages that offer a higher commission but not as much training.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals